Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie I40

Old 06-15-2010, 08:49 AM
Fork Horn

Default moultrie I40

Ok I have been having my camera take what looks like black and white pictures all day long ;-( I just went and got my pics and it took about 600 in a week but I would say 90% of them are not in color, I just bought it this past winter so its a newer one, and the pics are taken during the day time no matter if its sunny out or cloudy. any ideas what the problem might be??
Old 06-15-2010, 09:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Are you sure it's just not stuck in IR more?
Have you taken the batteries out over night to reset it and then tried it again?
Old 06-16-2010, 04:10 AM
Fork Horn

I have not tried that yet, but I did call tech support yesterday, the guy told me to take the camera out and take a pic manually and see if it clicks, see if the guard comes down for the color pic, he said that even tho the sun is out and its obviously bright sometimes the cameras dont sense it and I might have to move camera in a brighter place, I got to thinking, I have it in a lock box screwed to the tree, I wonder if the lock box might be blocking the sensor??????? I sure hope not, cause if it wasn't for that lock box I wouldn't have a camera, I have a 7ft black bear and two cubs that have already tried to damage it ;-(
Old 06-16-2010, 05:52 AM
Fork Horn

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/album.php?aid=2065415&id=1216753095&ref=pb[/IMG]
Old 06-16-2010, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

What kind of lock box are you using?
I'd bring it home and set it up in the backyard (without lockbox)and see what it does for 24hours.
If it's still shooting IR then pulled the batteries overnight and try again.
If it's still messed up i'd have them replace it.
Old 06-16-2010, 05:54 AM
Fork Horn

its a box that is made specifically for this camera ;-( Saturday Iwill probably check it out more
Old 06-21-2010, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

Ok well I went to the woods and checked out camera, and yes it does still work in color mode, in direct sunlight ;-( that really stinks that it has to be in direct sunlight to take color pictures, is there any way to shut off the IR? it took me problably 45 mins to find one tree that had sunlight on it to attact to ;-( now I have to move freeder and everything!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-21-2010, 06:03 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds defective, send it back is what i'd do.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:50 AM
Fork Horn

does anybody have one of these that takes color pics in shaded spots in the woods? i really don't want to send it back and waist all that time if this is just the norm for these cameras