Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
how to set up for turkeys >

how to set up for turkeys

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

how to set up for turkeys

Old 04-17-2010, 05:29 AM
Fork Horn

Default how to set up for turkeys

Hey guys just wondering what the best way is to do a trail cam set for turkeys...?
Gerard
Old 04-18-2010, 12:26 AM
Fork Horn

I always have the best luck in feild corners.
Old 04-18-2010, 03:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeys like to take dust bathes...so a good piece of bare ground is a good spot,open fields is where they like to be out in when strutting and congregating in groups or doing mating rituals,food plots are a plus cause they like to walk into any grassy area's,wheat,oats or leafy areas looking for insects and grasshoppers,they also like walking on logging roads too.If your hunting them then you can't put out any corn if baiting isn't allowed in your State but if it is allowed a little corn or rolled oats will draw them in for pictures too!I just got several pictures of a nice big Hen with a beard around the bare spots by the salt lick I put out for Deer,and She even walked down into the woods and scratched up the leaves looking for bugs,worms and insects so they like to go just about anywhere a Deer might travel....Oh yeah they need water too so a pond or Lake is a good area also to set up a trail camera around.