Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
First deer pics from my first homebrew >

First deer pics from my first homebrew

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

First deer pics from my first homebrew

Old 04-05-2010, 10:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default First deer pics from my first homebrew

Here are the first pics from my first homebrew. I thought I got the halo out but it seems it still shows up at night. Anyway, I know what I did wrong and hopefully can avoid it in the future. Whatever, I'm stiil very proud of these first pics.

The cam has only been out since Good Friday so I was pretty pleased with the amount of pics I got. I went today and moved it to what I think is a much more productive spot. So we will see what happens.

Blessings......Pastorjim
Old 04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

great pictures pastorJim, it would be nice to have the halo out but the pictures are still good. How is the trigger speed on that cam and how many megapixels is it?
Old 04-05-2010, 11:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

The trigger time is about 1 second and the camera is a 6mp. The halo effect was a lot worse at first, even showing up in the daylight. I worked on it some more and thought I had it all out. Even though it's less than what it was, it's still showing up in the night-time pics. Like I said, I know what I did wrong and will avoid it on my next build, which incidentally, I'm getting ready to start. This time with a Sony P41 in a pelican case. when finished, it will be the same size as a Bushnell Trophycam.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-05-2010, 11:29 AM
Typical Buck

very cool, I am soooooo tempted to give it a try especially after seeing your pics!!!!

keep em coming!!!
Old 04-05-2010, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by RonPenner
very cool, I am soooooo tempted to give it a try especially after seeing your pics!!!!

keep em coming!!!
There's a lot of info out there on how to do different setups. If I can do this, anyone can. I say go for it!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-05-2010, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Great pics Jim! Congrats!
Old 04-05-2010, 05:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very nice pictures. Congradulations on the camera. You can be proud of your work. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice Jim......glad its working for you. I have (2) p41's and the trigger time is even faster than the s600. But, the flash on the s600 is superior. I still have (2) s600's sitting here already hacked but have yet to get the parts for a build yet.
Old 04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by janesburg
Nice Jim......glad its working for you. I have (2) p41's and the trigger time is even faster than the s600. But, the flash on the s600 is superior. I still have (2) s600's sitting here already hacked but have yet to get the parts for a build yet.
Todd, a big thanks goes out to you for helping me find some of the info I needed plus your continued encouragement everytime I thought I couldn't do it. I am already assembling the parts for a p41 build which I'm going to hack myself this time. Won a P41 and P32 the other night on ebay. I think I might be out of control here!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 04-18-2010, 12:12 AM
Fork Horn

Great pics!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.