Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Leaf River buck video >

Leaf River buck video

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Leaf River buck video

Old 02-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default Leaf River buck video

I purchased my first trail camera and after going over all of the reviews I decided to try the Leaf River IR-5 game camera. I use the camera on public land so the most important feature is infrared flash. I started out using the still photos feature then switched to the video mode and am impressed with the quality of videos with the sound feature. It's great to be able to hear the footsteps in the snow.
This video shows a few bucks in Jan. 2010. A couple of these bucks I didn't see the entire bow season. I hunted this area on Monday Jan. 11th and Wed. Jan. 13. Wouldn't you know it, they were there on Jan. 12th. Without the camera, I never would've known what I missed.
I am really excited about two of the bucks in particular for next season. The 14 pt. appears to only weigh about 140 lbs. I wonder if he is just a 2 1/2 year old! He should be a great buck next season. Also, the buck that has already dropped 1 side. Look at the size of that rack. He will be one I'm looking for next year also. Great camera! I still need to work on the imprinting of the date and time, I thought I had it turned on, but guess not.

http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=FILE0002.flv
Old 02-07-2010, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great video. I just got a Leafriver and I think it really adds a great dimension with the sound. I haven't been pleased with the night videos but I'm hoping they'll be better once it warms up a little bit.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 02-07-2010, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

I have also had problems with the night videos. I get alot of nothing at night. Sometimes I can hear footsteps off to the sides so I think something walked through and didn't trigger the camera quick enough to capture it. I did get a full face of a doe at night, she must have been smelling the camera.
Old 02-07-2010, 07:08 AM
Fork Horn

Those are some dandy deer, nice racks....next year they should be really impressive, good luck!!
Old 02-07-2010, 08:40 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by mnprohunter
Those are some dandy deer, nice racks....next year they should be really impressive, good luck!!

they impressed me already....you will be HARD PRESSED to find bucks like those on public land around here.
Old 02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome video! Bucks are awesome too. Thanks for posting.
Old 02-07-2010, 12:39 PM
Typical Buck

sound adds a whole nother demension!
Old 02-07-2010, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

a couple awesome bucks right there! you get any other shots of them?
Old 02-07-2010, 04:01 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks everyone for the great comments. Jason, that is the one and only time I have seen those bucks. You can bet I will be using my camera during the summer to try and locate them and keep tabs on them until next season. That is if I can keep it from getting stolen. Like I said, this is set up on public ground. I have 2 cable locks on it and am trying to keep it concealed but if someone finds it and want it they will definately get it. I've already resigned to the fact that it will get stolen someday. I just hope to get a few good videos off it before it does.
Old 02-07-2010, 04:13 PM
Typical Buck

I do have another video of the same buck taken about 10 minutes earlier. It also shows another good buck walking on the left side. You can faintly see him standing in the trees in the background on the first video.

http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/p...t=FILE0001.flv

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.