Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

12 volt power

Old 01-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Spike

Default 12 volt power

does anybody use a 12 volt battery to power there trail camera? i was thinking about starting to use that. does it extend the battery life on the camera or isn't it worth doing? Also what do you put the battery in when it is out do you put it in a metal box or something?
Old 01-26-2010, 03:42 PM
Spike

I switched over to a 12v battery a couple of years ago and it is still going strong with regular recharging. It definitely lasts longer than the 4 c's that I was putting in it but it really didn't matter because my memory card always filled up pretty quick. I did notice I was getting more night shots with the 12v, maybe the flash was harder on the c batts. Years ago I picked up some of those surplus ammo cans from Sportman's Guide and cut holes in them for the camera and plenty of room left for the 12v. Attach some chain and hang. Hope this helps, Frank
Old 01-26-2010, 06:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm using the 12 volt 300 series Energizer battery, purchased at Wal Mart.
These are the same batteries that are used in a ride on lawnmower. They come
in 160, 200 and 300 series. I place the battery on a piece of 3/8 or 1/2 inch
plywood the size of the base of the battery. The reason for this is so the battery
won't freeze to the ground. I check the battery power, usually twice a week when I swap out my SD cards, using a multi meter. Some of these batteries have been out since early September and are still out. I have them connected to the early version of Wildview EZ cam and also 7.0 Spy-Point. I've had the batteries totally covered in snow with no problem of shorting out. A heavy buildup of ice will cause a short however.
I'm from southern Manitoba, cold weather area. The batteries stand up really
well with the Wildview. As for the 7.0 Spy-Point that is another story. Some fault
in those cameras, I have two, will kill the battery in less than a week. I am still
doing testing to try and pin point the problem. I contacted the manufacture with
what info I could provide and was given a return authorization number. These two
cameras will work in warmer weather, not at low temperatures as they claim. I am
doing more testing before returning them to further help pin point the problem. When they work they give excellent pictures or videos, depending what they are set for.
If you live in a cold weather area or plan to use them in that type of area, by all means go to the 12 volt system. Not all cameras have the 12 volt port, but I think
if you teamed up with some one in the electronic field they could build an adapter or
reduce the power out put to the camera and still use a 12 volt battery.
Old 01-31-2010, 06:35 AM
Spike

We have had good luck using one of these with rechargable batteries.
http://www.moultriefeeders.com/produ...spx?id=mfh-cpp
Old 06-01-2010, 04:46 AM
Spike

Home of 12Volt has rapidly expanded over the last 3 years and now comprises of two retail stores in Adelaide, South Australia. With two locations at either end of Adelaide we are now able to provide our customers with a better service range.
Home of 12 Volt in Pooraka is a well equipped retail store in the northern suburbs in Adelaide. Home of 12 Volt Mount Barker is located in the Adelaide Hills and now has a massive 600square meters of workshop space for installation services plus a brand new retail store.
===============
orlando free mls
plumber sydney