Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

how long?

Old 05-31-2010, 07:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default how long?

How long do ya'll leave your camera's out?I never found anything to put in front of my camera so I put it in what looks like a natural funnel.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Get a cheap trace mineral block. They're less than $5 and can be bought at any Tractor Supply. Deer take a bit to get used to them but then they expect them to always be there.
I usually check my cams ever 2-4weeks but I'm only about 45min from the farm.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

I leave my cams out 24/7. I hate the thought of my cameras sitting on my desk when they could be out and might get "THE" picture.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

how long does it take a deer to normally get used to the block pnut
Old 05-31-2010, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I left my 2 trail camera's out all year,the Deer grouped up this past winter and I got several nice pictures of them all together,now I'm getting some nice pictures of the Bucks growing their antlers and soon the Doe's will be having their Fawns and those can be some really cute pictures of how they interact together.I also have several nice pictures of Turkeys and a few coyotes too.

Hunting Kuk....when I usually set out a new salt or mineral block and I put some corn near it so the Deer will find it easier then they see the block and realize its there and start using it more and more.Once it starts to rain and break down the block into the soil it will also draw the Deer in too.
On a side note:
A few years ago I made a trip in the hills/mountains down by Fayettville Ark.,I couldn't believe at how many Deer were running around down there.....everytime we drove around there were Deer crossing the road or were out in the woods along the road!
Old 05-31-2010, 07:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Hunting Kuk
how long does it take a deer to normally get used to the block pnut
The deer will start hitting them right away, I put 3 cams out 3 weeks ago with the generic blocks pnut is talking about and they started hitting them the next day.
I usually check my cams every 4-6 weeks but had to get the rest of my cams out so I switched the cards to the cams that I put out 3 weeks ago. Pike
Old 06-01-2010, 02:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have at least some of my cams out year round. From the June through Sept. I always have all of them out, since I consider this the prime time. Most any mineral based product is good to put in front of your cameras.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-01-2010, 05:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Once they find it and figure out what it is they will start hitting it regularly.
Old 06-01-2010, 05:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

thanks guys and GTO yeah fayetville is a awsome spot..especially around the crop fields..I went up their watching the razorbacks last year and saw 3 nice 8 points grouped up