Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Help me decide

Old 01-18-2010, 05:14 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Help me decide

I know in the end I will have to decide for myself, but looking for some of your opinions. Right now I have a Moultrie D40, and my new Cuddeback Capture. I am going to save up for another camera befoe spring, and I am going back and forth between getting another capture, or a Bushnell Trophy Cam. Tell me which one you would get, and why.
Old 01-18-2010, 05:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

Another Capture
Old 01-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Fork Horn

Another vote for the capture. The trigger speed does it for me. The guy I hunt with has the trophy cam and it takes great photos and videos, but there is a noticeable difference in trigger speed between the 2.
Old 01-19-2010, 01:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

I would probably go with the Bushnell and here's why. First of all, the Bushnell has a two year warranty. I also don't like the 30sec delay between pics on the Cudde. While the Cudde has a faster trigger speed than the Bushnell, you would probably only miss a running or flying animal with the Bushnell since it's trigger speed is in the 1.5 sec. range. And of course, slower trigger speeds can usually be overcome by placing food in front of the camera or positioning the camera to look up or down the trail. I don't know if this is important to you or not but the Cudde also doesn't take video. So here is the way I would rate them in the different categories.

Trigger speed, Cudde
Picture quality, Slight edge to Cudde
Warranty, Bushnell
Versatility, Bushnell
Sensing ability, remember, a camera can't take a picture of what it can't see. While the Cudde can "see" a little further out than the Bushnell, the Bushnell's sensing area is a lot wider. The edge here is to Bushnell.
Battery life, Bushnell by a long way, 1 yr. on a set of AA's

Hope this helps. Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-19-2010, 02:30 AM
Fork Horn

I am probably biased toward the Bushnell, I believe Pator Jim explained why. To me the trigger speed is a wash, because if you set the camera up right, you will still capture everything that the cudde would. I am extremely impressed with the battery life of the Bushnell. Their claim is one year on a set of batteries, and I'm starting to believe their claim after my camera has been out in sub zero temps and awful weather for a couple weeks and the batteries are still showing almost full capacity (it's been in the woods for almost four weeks total in the winter and has taken around 1600 pictures)
Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 AM
Typical Buck

For me, its easy. Bushnell TC! It's a better all around value. Besides, when compared in test, the Cudde can't hang with the Trophy Cam.
Old 01-19-2010, 05:51 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks everyone! A guy I work with bought a Trophy Cam from TrailcamPro last week. He ordered it on Thursday, and the guy told him 3 to 4 business days, so you should have it Tuesday or Wednesday, well, he got it Monday. Very nice service.