Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam >

I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam

Old 01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
Spike

Default I-65 Moultrie Trail Cam

I have been doing a lot of research in trail cams and I think that I have come to a conclusion with the moultrie I-65. What I need to know but can't seem to find out is how it handles, stands up to elements and animals, if there is a security box available, and how moultrie customer service is. I have read reviews on all of these topics and have gotten mixed responses. I plan on bear hunting and I don't want to spend the money on equipment to have it ripped apart on the first day out there. Also I am in Alaska and the weather here is much more drastic than in the lower 48. Anyone with this equipment have any advice to offer?
Old 01-12-2010, 01:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

First of all, let me the first to welcome you to the forums, this is a great place with a lot of great people.
I do not own the I-65 but I do own two I-40s. I have had really great luck with these cams and would recommend them to anyone. Moultrie's customer service is another matter though. I have had only one direct dealing with them and I was not pleased. Not pleased enough to probably never buy anything from them again. If you do end up buying from them, make sure you save your sales receipt. It is what they use to verify you are still in warranty. Hope everything works out for you, and again, welcome.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 PM
Fork Horn

I have had good luck down to zero in mn with their cameras. However, the dont' like much colder. They are a tad slow, so you need to play the angles or put something to stop them in front of it. I haven't dealt with their customer service, but I hear they aren't good. But, all in all, I would buy more of their cameras. Good luck.
Old 01-13-2010, 12:51 PM
Spike

Thanks for the advice. I haven't dealt directly over the phone with their customer service but have communicated VIA email and the question that I asked wasn't really answered well. If anyone has any information on security of the system that would be great. I am more concerned of damage from wildlife than I am from theft. If there is anyone that can tell me about the security box for the I-65 that is supposedly out there but I have not been able to find, that would be great. Thanks again for all of the help everyone.
Old 01-13-2010, 06:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have 2 of the Moultrie I-60 Camera's and have had good luck with them and really like the IR night pictures and the video mode too.I was thinking about buying one of the new I-45 or I-65 Camera's because you can use them as a regular trail camera with an SD card and the new IR flash is suppose to not be visable at all,then You can also buy the cable and transmitter and the monthly service fee to view pictures via Moultrie's Web-based Management System which lets you access photo's directly from your computer or smartphone.That is a big plus if you can't get to your Land or Hunting Site very often or if you don't want to constantly contaminate your hunting area tracking in and out checking your trail camera.Since it is a new Trail Camera there hasn't been a lot of reviews on how well it performs.I did read a review about the Game Spy I-45 in Field & Streams December/January Issue and it rated pretty high up there with the Bushnell Trophy Cam and it did better than the Cuddeback Capture and the Stealth Cam Sniper IR Camera.

I went to Moultries Web Site and You can buy the new Moultrie camera's in a packaged deal a lot cheaper than any other Dealers have them priced!
Old 01-13-2010, 06:37 PM
Typical Buck

Although i dont own 1 of these cams i had some time and did some looking around. take a look at these links: The 1st link may be just what you're looking for.

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=116#moultriei45

http://www.custom1enterprises.com/cu...prises_009.htm

http://www.nativeoutdoors.com/scouti...s.html#bearbox

http://www.paysonoutfitters.com/serv...3CBDjAdulNSRoJ

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=116#moultriei45

Last edited by leadoperator; 01-13-2010 at 06:44 PM.