Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Adding a 3rd cam for 2010 >

Adding a 3rd cam for 2010

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Adding a 3rd cam for 2010

Old 01-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Adding a 3rd cam for 2010

In edition to my Cuddeback and my Stealth, im going to be adding a Moultrie I40 here in the next few weeks. This will be my first infrared cam. Im excited to have 3 cameras working for the first time ever.
Old 01-04-2010, 02:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats Caleb, I think you will really like the I-40. Of all my cameras, I have to say it takes the best daytime pics. One thing to remember about the I-40, they like the light. So as the foilage thickens in the summer, keep that in mind.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-04-2010, 02:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

i just added a camera to my collection as well. got the stealth i590 which i have been very impressed with. i thought about going with an infrared but went with this instead because i like the white flash. good luck with the new cam caleb
Old 01-04-2010, 03:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

Congrats Caleb! I have a question for both you and PJ. Just wondering if there was a reason why you guys buy all different trail cams? I was reading the other day that PJ has 6 different brands. Is it just to compare the different brands, or some other reason? How much is the I40?
Old 01-04-2010, 03:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Hunt4Life23
i just added a camera to my collection as well. got the stealth i590 which i have been very impressed with. i thought about going with an infrared but went with this instead because i like the white flash. good luck with the new cam caleb
I HATE my i590. Just saying. The thing is a peice that takes crap pictures and triggers everytime a twig moves. The i450 and i550 were WAY better. Too bad they dont make them anymore
Old 01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t
Congrats Caleb! I have a question for both you and PJ. Just wondering if there was a reason why you guys buy all different trail cams? I was reading the other day that PJ has 6 different brands. Is it just to compare the different brands, or some other reason? How much is the I40?
My Stealth was on sale when i bought it to compliment my Moultrie back in 07'. I bought the Cuddeback because i needed a REAL camera that i could count on after the Moultrie died and the Stealth was replaced. This Moultrie deal just fell in my lap. I got it for $100...i think they are around $160 brand new.

Cuddeback Capture is by far my favorite.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks Caleb! I have the Moultrie D40, which is an ok camera for $100, and now the Capture. I am sure these will not be my last trail cams.
Old 01-04-2010, 03:49 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just ordered me an I-40 yesterday. Cabelas has them for $169. Couldn't pass that up.
Old 01-05-2010, 02:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by BigDaddy12t

To answer your question, it's because if my wife thinks I'm interested in a particular camera, she just up and buys it for me, usually without asking. That's how I recently came into the possesion of the Leaf River. All I said was I thought it would be neat to have a camera that had sound. Next thing I know, there it is. I wouldn't tell her this because I would never want to hurt her feelings, but if I could have my choice, I would have all Reconyxs'. I would also never tell her that though because that could get expensive very quickly. To answer your question about the price of the I-40s, you can usually get them most places now for around $179.00. There's a place here where I live that is selling them for $139.00 right now. Just looked at them yesterday.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 01-05-2010, 03:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hope you have better luck with yours than the one that Moultrie sent me to replace my M60. I hated it and it was gone in less than 24hrs.
Day pics were great but I couldn't get past how horrible/grainy the IR pics were.
Sold it on craigslist and bought my 2nd Capture.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.