Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
MY Cuddeback 3.0 Flash Review >

MY Cuddeback 3.0 Flash Review

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

MY Cuddeback 3.0 Flash Review

Old 12-25-2009, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MY Cuddeback 3.0 Flash Review

Well this was my Christmas present this year. I have talked with PastorJim, and we will both be doing reviews on this product, so ya'll will have honest opinions/reviews on it.

May I first mention that this is my first trail camera, therefore I have no personal experience with them. But I have done extensive research on the cameras, which led me to the Cuddeback Capture 3.0 Flash

The packaging was fine, sealed tight and looked to be protective.

I first screw in the bracket, which I already like because it is metal and hopefully will not break. Then I opened the camera to place batteries inside. As soon as I open the lid, what I think is reffered to as the "gasket"(rubber strip), came out. Well once this little booger came out I spent about 45 minutes trying to get it back in its orginal place. Finally after I got it back, I put tape on the edges of it to keep it from coming back out. Phew, what a pain...

Ok moving on. The setup is SUPER easy. Your done in less than 2 minutes or so. I strapped it around a tree in my yard to do a little testing. I LOVE the trigger speed. Couldn't ask for better for the price. But then I run across a problem that I didn't in my research. The 30 second intervals of pictures is really worrying me. If more than one animal goes in front of this camera at a decent pace, you will only get a photo of the first one. Really worried about this.

Overall though I think I will really like this camera. We'll see though when it comes to the real test. I will probably put this camera out this coming Monday.

Here's a photo of the tape on the "gasket".
Attached Thumbnails MY Cuddeback 3.0 Flash Review-1225092115.jpg   MY Cuddeback 3.0 Flash Review-1225092116.jpg  
Old 12-26-2009, 12:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the review Trevor. Although I seem to be taking a little heat for my review, I am just trying to be as honest as I can. Overall, I like the camera so far, although I am very concerned about this 30 sec. recovery time. I, like you, did not realize that was the case with this camera. I will look forward to your pics. which I'm sure will be excellent.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, after reading PJ's problems with the batteries I decided to remove mine and put them back in. Taking them out was insanely hard. Once I put them back in, as Jim said, they were too loose and not touching. So I had to pry that spring back out to tighten it up. Well that got it working again. So off to the woods to hang it up.

I already had a spot in mind, so me and my friend take it to the farm. We get to the fence crossing, pick out a tree to hang it on. I took the tree attachment rope out of its rubber band, and I hear metal clanking together and then something hitting the leaves. I look down and two parts of the clamp on the attachment have fallen off. I decided to just tie the rope around the tree, only because I really want to see what this camera can do.

When I bring it back out of the woods, if I cannot get the attachment fixed, this camera will be going back where it came from.
Old 12-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

Wow, I dont like all these problems you guys are having with the Captures. Its making me rethink my plans to buy one of these next week.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

If i were you i would take it back and get another 1. I have 8 of these cams and none of them have had the problems that you and pastorjim have had. I bought all of them at Cabelas.
Old 12-29-2009, 11:58 AM
Typical Buck

I only have 2 but have not had any of the problems either, agree the batteries are tough to get out but other than that mine have been flawless
Old 12-29-2009, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I bought both of mine from Bee Busy Outdoors and didn't have any of the problems with gaskets or the battery spring issue.
Batteries are a little hard to get out but I keep a set of screwdrivers in my hunting bag so it's no big deal. I'd rather have them in there taught than loose and possibly not making connection.
Mine are 08' and 09' model cams.