Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Want to vent about Moultrie >

Want to vent about Moultrie

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Want to vent about Moultrie

Old 12-29-2009, 07:01 AM
Spike

Default Want to vent about Moultrie

I've had an I-40 for two months. The piece of crap never worked right from the start. I set it out last week on a bait pile for coyotes. The bait is gone but 0 pictures taken. I call Moultrie to talk with someone. FORGET talking with anyone there. They feed you bull$%#@ over their automated phone system about an unusually high volume of calls(its says that everytime you call). They want you to e-mail them, which takes them at least a week to get back to you. Moultrie has the worst Customer Service!!! I guess I'll try Cuddeback. I feel slightly better now. Thanks for reading.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:54 AM
Fork Horn

I've got 2 of the I-40's and honestly man I couldn't be happier batteries last forever, setup is EASY, takes great day time pictures and decent infrared pictures. I wish it had faster trigger speed but for the stuff I've put this camera threw in the past year and half it works like it did from day one. Sorry you hate it like you said try a cuddeback or something else. good luck!
Old 12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have two I-40s and both of them function very well. I do understand your frustration with their customer service though. I had to call them this past summer with an issue I thought I was having with one of the cameras. It was a very frustrating experience. One that would probably prevent me from ever buying another Moultrie. Also, make sure you keep your receipt, they use that as your proof of date of purchase. If you don't have it, you are sunk. Hope all goes well for you.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 12-29-2009, 04:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had an M60 for 4months which I sent back because of white out in the flash pics.
They sent me a new I40 replacement after 3weeks of going back and forth. 1st night I put it out over night on a corn pile and the IR pics were so grainy that it was horrible. I couldn't keep the cam just based on day pics (which were crisp and clear) and battery life. I sold it on craigslist the next day for the price I paid for my original M60. I used the money to buy a Scouguard.
That was 2yrs ago and will never purchase or recommend a Moultrie product again.