Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
The ultimate SG550 test.... >

The ultimate SG550 test....

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

The ultimate SG550 test....

Old 12-08-2009, 12:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default The ultimate SG550 test....

well i have all 3 of my SG550's out int he woods now...it is currently 29 out and the low for tonight is suppose to be -3 so i guess my brand new camera and my recently returned and fixed up camera will be put to the test!!....i REALLY hope that neither of the 2 new ones i just got are "run aways"...guess we will find out once i check them!! anyone having trouble with the cold and their camera's???
Old 12-08-2009, 01:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Did you switch to Lithiums now that the weather has dropped?
You'll have better luck with them.
Where is MO is it supposed to be -3 tonight because I'm showing low of 29 tonight and 14 tomorrow night here in central mo.
Old 12-08-2009, 01:38 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by pnut
Did you switch to Lithiums now that the weather has dropped?
You'll have better luck with them.
Where is MO is it supposed to be -3 tonight because I'm showing low of 29 tonight and 14 tomorrow night here in central mo.
How big of a difference would you say you are getting from your lithium batteries pnut? Just curious, I have never tried them and untill your post on my thread, didn't know they made a difference. Every little bit counts!
Old 12-08-2009, 02:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

here in Northwest MO...maryville area suppose to get a foot of snow and be -3, the high is suppose to be 15 for tomorrow...but no i have not switched to lithium's...i have a few i could use but i have never heard if they actually did better in cold....right now in all 3 i have just regular Energizer in them....i am curious too...how do the lithium's perform?
Old 12-08-2009, 03:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I noticed a pretty big difference in the SG last year using Lithiums when it got cold but it takes AA's. This is my first year with Cudde Captures and they take C's and I don't even know if they make Lithiums in C's and D's yet. Couldn't find any last year when using D's in a Moultrie M60. I was planning on checking this week but not in a rush cus I just put new alkaline duracells in both my Captures about 3weeks ago and wanted to see how they did in the cold. Tonight will be another good test with the freezing rain we're supposed to get.
Old 12-08-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

exactly how did you notice the difference in lithium's and regular?
Old 12-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Typical Buck

hey guys, I'm up here in Manitoba Canada, have 4 Moultrie's out and 2 Cudde's, going down to -22F tonight and -27F on the weekend, if they are still working I am going to be very surprised!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by kwaldeier
exactly how did you notice the difference in lithium's and regular?
What do you mean?
Alkaline's do horrible in cold weather, lithiums are made for it. Alkalines work harder in cold weather which eats up life. Try'm, you'll see what I mean.
Old 12-08-2009, 07:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

i mean like more pictures?? or longer life?? or what lol im lost im not sure i could tell the difference either way....im not sure how big of a difference they would make....
Old 12-09-2009, 03:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

How hard is it to understand that batteries made for cold weather will last longer than alkalines that will deteriorate faster in cold weather?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.