Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

camera moisture

Old 11-02-2009, 05:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default camera moisture

I just checked my camera yesterday after two weeks and somehow it got alot of moisture buildup in it. The batterys were wet whiched caused them to die, the lcd screen was fogged and my lens hole had moisture on the inside. Is there anything I can to to stop this from happening again. I though about putting some of those silicon packets that come in merchandise boxes and medicine bottles inside of the door compartment to suck up any moisture that gets in there, Will that work?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Fork Horn

What happens if you cut off a square of Sham WoW-and put that in there?

How did the moisture get in there, my camera has an aux. plug port with a ruber "plug" that doesnt like to stay in, is it possible that fell out?
Old 11-02-2009, 12:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would check the gasket around the opening and all of the port covers for cracks or missing rubber.
Old 11-04-2009, 05:23 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know how it got In there I took it down on sunday and then got off the hill and headin back to college. I didnt have time to examine it. But I will check the gasket and that port to see what is happening.