Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
mock scrape surprising pics >

mock scrape surprising pics

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

mock scrape surprising pics

Old 10-24-2009, 04:54 PM
Fork Horn

Default mock scrape surprising pics

Made a mock scrape last sunday, and the deer aren't the only things visiting the scrape.
Attached Thumbnails mock scrape surprising pics-river-029.jpg   mock scrape surprising pics-river-041.jpg   mock scrape surprising pics-river-069.jpg   mock scrape surprising pics-river-046.jpg   mock scrape surprising pics-river-058.jpg  

Old 10-24-2009, 06:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by bandgod
Made a mock scrape last sunday, and the deer aren't the only things visiting the scrape.
What did you use for a lure in the mock scrape? How many pics of the bigger buck did you get? It's nice to see daytime pics of some bigger bucks.

Last edited by WIbuckchaser; 10-24-2009 at 06:18 PM.
Old 10-25-2009, 07:54 AM
Typical Buck

Are the two bigger bucks the same deer-Its hard to tell from the night pic. Man i love making mock scrapes!!! I dont know why more guys dont try it.
Old 10-26-2009, 01:49 AM
Fork Horn

The two bigger bucks are different. I used a hot scrape dripper with hot scrape scent. I kept the camera on the scrape so hopefully I'll have more pics next weekend. I hope the bigger buck shows himself during the daytime.
Old 10-27-2009, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

Great pics!! Ive never tried a mock scrape but ive been wanting to. Do you put any type of scent on the chew branch above the scrape? I looked for preorbital (spelling) scent at the store, but I couldnt find any. Any suggestions would be helpful.

My biggest fear is that I will make a mock scrape and mess the area up somehow. I dont want to do anything that the big boys will get leary of.
Old 10-28-2009, 02:10 AM
Fork Horn

I just put some of the same scent that I put in the scrape on the licking branch. This was my first attempt at creating a mock scrape and so far I'm pleased with the results. I odn't think the dripper I am using dropped much scent last week however because the temperature stayed too much the same. I think this week will be much better. I'm looking forward to seeing what kinds of pictures i have on there this weekend!