Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Ups and downs...(hopefully going up) >

Ups and downs...(hopefully going up)

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Ups and downs...(hopefully going up)

Old 10-27-2009, 01:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Ups and downs...(hopefully going up)

well to be quiet frank my first bow season has not been anything good at all....i am/was so unprepared scouting wise it wasnt funny and i still am...i am in serious need of help.....in the 1 month and a half of bow season in MO i have seen like 3 deer...2 of which were when i was right in the middle of putting up a stand....anways i need some advice on scouting a place to put a stand or to hunt....right now i thought i had a good spot over acorns but i had had 1 pic in the past 2 weeks so im not so sure....i have not seen a rub or scrape to help me out even a little bit. the looking up part is that combines are finally in the fields here in NW MO so maybe it will push the deer to the woods(where i hunt) and maybe i will start to see some action....anyways any tips to where they are or will be would be appreciated...
Old 10-28-2009, 10:37 AM
Spike

yup, deer are hiding in the corn here all the time. Hopefully they get most of it off before next week, If I was you i'd walk the edges of the fields that have feed in them. Look for rubs and scrapes or trails leading into the bush. Set up somewhere close to that where you will have wind in your favour (whereever the wind blows most often)