Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
2009 Bushnell 5.0MP Trophy trailcam >

2009 Bushnell 5.0MP Trophy trailcam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

2009 Bushnell 5.0MP Trophy trailcam

Old 08-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Fork Horn

Default 2009 Bushnell 5.0MP Trophy trailcam

Hello, just picked up one of these today. It was an impulse purchase and I didnt do any research on this model prior to picking it up. Everything looked good in the store as fas as size etc. Well I read some reviews on the Cabelas website and it doesnt look so good. Anyone have any experience with these? Are these made for Bushnell by Scoutguard? Just wanna see if its worth opening and setting up or should I invest my $200 in something better? Any help and guidance is always appreciated. Thanks in advance!
Old 08-16-2009, 05:50 AM
Fork Horn

See: http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=85
Old 08-16-2009, 08:03 AM
Fork Horn

Yeah, everything I read there looked good. It was the reviews left at cabelas that startled me.
Old 08-16-2009, 09:01 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, went to the Cabela's webpage. For those who think it is hard to program, I'm surprised they were able to figure out how to leave feedback on a website. I was able to program my Bushnell without opening the manual. I've never owned a Cuddeback, so can't make any comparisons.

I think Chasingame could have done a better job of just naming names in the review. They talk about (or talk around) three cameras from the same Chinese factory (Boly Media). The three are the HCO Scoutgaurd, the DLC Covert and the Bushnell Trophy Cam (I own one of each). All are based on the same Boly camera. I haven't had my Bushnell long enough to strongly recommend it, but I'm liking it so far with only one card pull. Maybe I'll visit it again next week or the week after.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:05 PM
Fork Horn

Thats what I was thinking. I was hoping the posters there on Cabelas were somewhat clueless. I am going to give the Bushnell a shot. I have no choice now. My Moultrie I40 crapped out I think, ugh.....
Old 08-16-2009, 07:39 PM
Typical Buck

Take those Cabelas reviews for what there worth. And, IMO, thats not much. If you want reviews for cams i think you've come to the right place. From what i've heard from the guys on here is that this is a great little cam.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the piece of mind my friend...
Old 08-17-2009, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

Had mine strapped to trees and fence post in various places since the end of April, same batteries and programming is very easy IMO. Problem free so far.

Old 08-17-2009, 11:59 AM
Typical Buck

wow those are some great pics, it;s crazy how small these cameras are getting, might make it harder for someone to see them and rip them off, i agree with the comments made earlier, this forum is a great way to get some immediate feedback and also ask questions as a follow up, sometimes you read the reviews and you have to wonder whether its partially user error??
Old 08-17-2009, 02:19 PM
Typical Buck

I'm not sure about the user error. These things are pretty darn simple. I have a DLC version(extremely similar). The first one I got would only take totally whited out pics, day or night. I sent it back to the manufacturer and had a new cam in two days. VERY good service, but there seem to be a lot of lemons going around.

The second one works flawlessly and take amazing pics, but it does make you think that some of those reviews are true.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.