Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
Cudde to Flash or not to Flash >

Cudde to Flash or not to Flash

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cudde to Flash or not to Flash

Old 07-20-2009, 11:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Cudde to Flash or not to Flash

I own a few Moultrie's one flash and 2 IR's and now I'm in the market for another cam figured I would get a Cudde this time but I'm not sure if I want to go IR and loose the nightime color and flash distance or stick with IR and stick to not taking the spooking deer, any thoughts from the gang out there? I know not all flashes spook the deer but I have had my share of runners on shot #2.
Old 07-20-2009, 11:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

DO

NOT

BUY

THE

IR

MODEL

trust me, its a POS.

The flash model on the other hand is the best camera that i have ever used. I would recommend it to anybody.

Old 07-20-2009, 12:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks man I saw your pics and knew it was a flash, I have had mixed results, most of the time the flash doesn't seem to bother them I just hate it to be the one time it does and blows the monster out of the area. I will probba;y go with the flash model I like the color nighttime pics and the flash distance is good. Moultrie does good for me I get great pics its just the IR mode seems to kick in even during the day so the image quality is less nad they pics are grey at least 80-90% I just like the color pics I think it is more fun to get them.
Old 07-20-2009, 12:32 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Canuck33
Thanks man I saw your pics and knew it was a flash, I have had mixed results, most of the time the flash doesn't seem to bother them I just hate it to be the one time it does and blows the monster out of the area. I will probba;y go with the flash model I like the color nighttime pics and the flash distance is good. Moultrie does good for me I get great pics its just the IR mode seems to kick in even during the day so the image quality is less nad they pics are grey at least 80-90% I just like the color pics I think it is more fun to get them.
I was always worried about the flash spooking deer too, but i have been using cameras for 7 years now, and most deer grew used to them and grew up getting there pictures taken.
Old 07-20-2009, 01:29 PM
Fork Horn

I have nothing but good things to say about my Cudde flash cameras.Here's a few of my latest. http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/trai...cent-pics.html
Old 07-21-2009, 03:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

Has anyone used the new 5.0 IR? looks like they improved the IR form the no flash model just curious if it got better. The flash models are only 3.0 Mp and the IR's are 5, I'm surprised the night pics are only 1.3 on both they seem to be very clear pics
Old 07-22-2009, 03:24 AM
Fork Horn

I love my Cuddeback No flash...

heres a sample pic

Old 07-22-2009, 03:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

I decided to go with the flash model for my first one and will mos likely get the IR by the fall, I have 2 IR moultries that take good pics the only disappointment i have with them is that they take pics in the IR mode almost all of the time in the woods do to the lower light, I would like the color pics it would be good if they put a better light sensor on the cameras