Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Coon Problems

Old 07-13-2009, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Coon Problems

anyone else had these problems? i'm thinking of either wrapping the broadcaster cage in razor wire or hooking electric to it. someone mentioned they might make a kit that electrifies the cage around the broadcaster using the same 6 volt battery.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:14 AM
Spike

They do make a kit that runs off the battery to give them an electrical shock. I forgot how much it was, but it was rather expensive.
Old 07-13-2009, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

i don't believe they are getting a whole lot of the pellets due to these pic's being the first of them actually "stealing" the pellets. i do have numerous pic's of them on the ground eating the left overs that the deer don't eat. i'm just hoping this isn't going to be learned behavior and they start doing this all of the time and draining my feeders. i might try the razor wire first, they lose a finger or two and maybe they'll think twice about stealing from me.
Old 07-13-2009, 02:06 PM
Boone & Crockett

There's a very simple solution for that CamoCop. Get yourself 3 three-foot sections of two-inch PVC pipe. Drill a quarter-inch hole about an inch from one end of the PVC and tie an eighteen inch piece of heavy twine to the pipe. Slip the sections of PVC over the legs of your feeder (end with the twine up) and tie the other end of the twine to the leg so that the bottom of the PVC is about a foot above ground level. When the coons try to climb the PVC is swivels around the leg and throws them off. Works fine.

Last edited by Semisane; 07-14-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smart little buggers ain't they.

Blessings.....Pastorjim