Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

A Few Recent

Old 06-23-2009, 01:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: A Few Recent

ORIGINAL: PastorJim08

Todd,

This is the problem I've always read about all Cudde's. While they have great trigger speed and the pics I've seen from them are always great, they miss alot of pics. because their zone of detection is very narrow. In other words, they can't take a pic of what they can't see. Today I will be going out to retrieve my cams. I have had three of them hanging on the same tree for a week. I want to see which cameras are missing something and try to fiqure out why. They are out with my Reconyx, which I don't think misses much. So hopefully later today, I will find out. Just an update for you on my homebrew project; I have the camera back from being hacked and will be ordering everything else I need from yeticam today. I hope to have it completed by the end of the month. Thanks for all the great info you sent me. I still have it all stored in my computer and have referenced it many times while doing this project.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Jim,

I hung my Cudde on the same tree as a Homebrew last year. If I remember the Cudde got beat by taking 1 pic for every 6-7 the Homebrew took. I also think the Homebrew takes so many pics is because they process faster. Depending on my settings I can get probably around 8 pics in a minute with the Homebrew. The fastest the Cuddeback can take a picture is one every minute and I know sometimes it takes the Cudde longer then a minute to write the picture to the CF card.

Good luck with the S600. Can't wait to see pics.
Old 06-24-2009, 04:35 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: A Few Recent

Amazing pics, and some nice bucks.