Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

I 590 ????

Old 06-20-2009, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default I 590 ????

I can buy an I 590 pretty cheap and was wondering how is its battery life,
flash range and trigger speed (which isnt that important to me) reliablity, and are you happy with its performance?
Thanks, Pike
Old 06-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: I 590 ????

Pike,

I purchased an I-590 about a month ago and so far I have been pretty pleased with it. The flash range is advertised to be 90ft. and so far my batteries are still showing full after about 4wks. Trailcampro told me when I purchased the camera, not to expect more than 3-4 weeks out of the batteries but so far they have seemed to last longer than that. I think the thing the camera really has going for it is the picture quality.The picture quality is as good as any of my cams, including the Reconyx. I also like the white-flash so that I get color pictures at night. As far as the trigger speed, it is lacking a little bit but that can be overcome in most cases by putting food out. I paid $97 for mine and so far I feel like I got my money's worth. As you know, it is currently in a test with two other brands of cameras and I should have a good comparison by the first of next week. Hope this helps.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-20-2009, 07:36 AM
Giant Nontypical

Maybe if Stealth gave a damn, i could tell you [:@]

But from what i have seen from PJ and Daveyrock, the Stealth seems to perform well. I wasn't too impressed with the week i had mine, but it was a refurbished and dented up old and used POS that i sent back.
Old 06-20-2009, 08:23 AM
Fork Horn

Like PastorJim said I have not put the cam out on a trail yet so I can not accurately tell you how well the trigger speed works. However the picture quality is fantastic, battery life all depends on how much activity you are getting, I was ranging about 440 pics a week so my batteries were going about two and half weeks before getting low.
Old 06-25-2009, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the info guys it helped in making my decision!!
I ended up sticking with what I know and bought a new Wildview Xtreme 5 on Ebay for $55.00. Pike