Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Results of camera experiment (not good) >

Results of camera experiment (not good)

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Results of camera experiment (not good)

Old 06-23-2009, 09:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Results of camera experiment (not good)

Okay guys, as you might remember, I decided to do a little experiment with my cams last week. Well today is the seventh day so I went and retrieved them. Here are the results. Reconyx-30 pics. Virtually no blanks and alsono deer, just alot of raccoons, squirels, and chipmunks. Stealthcam I590- 30 pics. 1 deer, right after I left the area. Almost all the rest were blanks. Additionally, a problem has cropped up with the Stealthcam. The night photos are almost whited out. Something funky going on with the flash is my guess. I also had this problem on the last cycle with it but I thought maybe I hadn't gotten the camera placed properly in it's safe. This time I was more careful when I did it so I know that is not the problem. I have emailed Nick @ trailcampro to see what they say. I will keep you alladvised. Moultrie-190 triggers, virtually no animals. This area is in a swamp and there is virtually no ground foilage so I don't know what happened. One thing I suspect with the Moultrie is I know they like their light so that might be it's problem. While I was typing this, Nick @ trailcampro sent me this notice. Talk about fast service. I emailed him at 1:17pm, he emaild me back at 1:24pm. That is why I brag so much on these guys.

Jim,
Thanks for letting me know. I have not seen that with this camera (or any of the other incandescent models) yet. This is a first. To be honest, I don't know what is making it do that? Its not like it has an infrared filter that isn't working (which is a common problem in infrared cameras). Let me ask Rich if he has ever seen in before and I may even call the stealth rep. Approximately how many pictures did this?

No matter what the issue is, I promise we'll get you a good, working camera. I'll even send you a return label so you don't have to pay postage back to us. I'll get back to you shortly. Thanks.

[/align] Nick Hartman

Here are the examples of the stealthcam night photos

Well, there you have it, my camera experiment was a royal failure. I will just see what I can learn from it.

Blessings.....Pastorjim

Old 06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Results of camera experiment (not good)

Its interesting that the Stealth cam TIED the Reconxy...that shocking in its own right. The fact that the stealth cam caught the deer and the Reconxy didn't, simply unbelievable.

About the Stealth cam flash, maybe the other cameras were flashing at the same time and messing the pictures up somehow, is your Moultrie an infrared? Maybe some scientific junk was going on in-between the flash and IR photos? But then again you said that it did it before....

Ive always been afraid to test my cams out side by side. Id rather not know if my more expensive one was failing to a cheapo

About the swamp spot, maybe its not as good a spot as you thought, especially if 3 cams didn't catch jack diddly during a week.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

Pastor Jim,

Might it be possible the ReconyxIR could have had some effect on the Stealth camera?
Old 06-23-2009, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

You know, the possibility of one camera effecting another did cross my mind but as I stated in the original post, this is the second time for the stealthcam to do this and the first time it wasn't near any other cameras. Caleb, you could be right about the spot not being all that, but if you could see the sign that is back there, you would think cattle are using it. But obviously if it were any good, three cameras in one week are not going to miss every deer. Yes, the stealth had as many triggers as the Reconyx but most of it's triggers had nothing in them, whereas the reconyx triggers always had something there. The Moultrie with 190 triggers had no, I repeat, no animals on them. All three cameras got moved into other areas today so we will see what happens. Actually, I'm going to have to make another trip up there Friday to retrieve the stealthcam and see if it's continuing to have the flash problem because Trailcampro said they would replace, refund, or exchange it for any other camera I want. So we will see what happens with it. Actually this might be an opportunity to move up to a better white-flash cam than what I had just by paying the difference in price. I'll keep you all posted.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 06-23-2009, 04:09 PM
Fork Horn

PastorJim don't feel bad.

Severalweeks ago I had one of my cameras take 83 pictures of absolutely nothing. No bird, no squirrel nothing! Unless the camera was being set off by a gnat I have no idea.

Old 06-23-2009, 04:47 PM
Typical Buck

whatever the case may be, its sounds like they have great customer service!
Old 06-23-2009, 04:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is really weird. I am also wondering if the cameras are affecting each other??
Old 06-24-2009, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

At least you tried. Something doesn't seem right though cause I've seen photos on here from people who have cameras directly across from each other. You'd think that would affect them before having them side by side would.
Old 06-24-2009, 12:30 PM
Giant Nontypical

Right across from each other is different then right on top of each other, but it still shouldn't make any difference...bummer
Old 06-25-2009, 03:59 PM
Typical Buck

Sorry about your problems with the cams PastorJim. No help here except you're sure gonna like that "homebrew" even more now......sorry, couldn't resist.

Hope you get the issues resolved, good luck. don

Quick Reply: Results of camera experiment (not good)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.