Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Steath Cam 1540 IR >

Steath Cam 1540 IR

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Steath Cam 1540 IR

Old 02-18-2009, 10:14 AM
Typical Buck

Default Steath Cam 1540 IR

I found one on sale for $110.00 whats your opinion.

Thanks

Martin
Old 02-19-2009, 07:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Steath Cam 1540 IR

I have one and so far I like it. I bought it to replace one that someone "liberated" that I had put out last year. I made the mistake of putting it where you could see it from an oil well road. This one is secured in a lock box that I made out of a 50 cal ammo box. I put it back out today to get some off season pics and have it bolted to a tree using 8 inch lag bolts. If somebody steals this one they are gonna tear the camera up trying to get the box open.

For the price they are really good. Trigger is a little slow but if you put it over bait or something you will get some great pics.
Old 02-20-2009, 06:31 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: muzzlenut

I have one and so far I like it. I bought it to replace one that someone "liberated" that I had put out last year. I made the mistake of putting it where you could see it from an oil well road. This one is secured in a lock box that I made out of a 50 cal ammo box. I put it back out today to get some off season pics and have it bolted to a tree using 8 inch lag bolts. If somebody steals this one they are gonna tear the camera up trying to get the box open.

For the price they are really good. Trigger is a little slow but if you put it over bait or something you will get some great pics.
Muzz, can you post a infared picture and hows the battery life.

Thanks Martin
Old 02-20-2009, 07:58 AM

I bought one after reading this review of the Stealth I540IR. So far it has been great! Really nice night photos for an inexpensive infrared camera. Tough to beat for a little of a hundred dollars!
Old 02-20-2009, 01:48 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigbwhunter

I bought one after reading this review of the Stealth I540IR. So far it has been great! Really nice night photos for an inexpensive infrared camera. Tough to beat for a little of a hundred dollars!
Big, thanks for the reviews.

Martin
Old 02-20-2009, 04:40 PM
Fork Horn

martinfaw,

I will see if I can find some of the night pictures that I have taken. I have a new computer since the last time I used the camera so I will have to wait until I see what I have on it next weekend or I will have to look through files from my other computer. I put all my files on disc so I have them somewhere.

The infrared pics are actually pretty good. Sometimes if the deer is too close there is terrible whiteout. Batteries lasted about 3 weeks and then I brought the camera in because I was afraid I would get this one stolen when rifle season started. They (batteries) were still working when I pulled it so I would say the life is pretty good. I put fresh batteries in yesterday so I will keep track of how long they last and will probably buy the 12 volt for this summer.

Old 02-22-2009, 07:20 PM
Fork Horn

martinfaw,

I sent you a PM.