Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Home made Camera box >

Home made Camera box

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Home made Camera box

Old 01-14-2009, 03:26 PM
Fork Horn

Default Home made Camera box

I was looking around for a cheap box that I could put my camera in but for 50.bucks I thought I would make my own. took about 3 hours and two pieces of 1/8 angle iron (that's what I had on hand) 1/16 would make it a little litter. now we all know that these boxes just make it so nobody runs of with your camera, it does not keep them from beating the S out of it,at least they don't walk away with a free camera. SO way spend more money on a security box. This one I made uses the two bars in the back for plain or straps to mount it to the tree and the bottom has a place to but a cable though to lock it to the tree.

Old 01-14-2009, 03:39 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Home made Camera box

nice looking case

i am thinking of doin the same thing..

My only thought is if they want it bad enough they'll just cut the tree down
Old 01-14-2009, 04:05 PM
Fork Horn

Nice job. I really wish I could weld. I might do the same thing. The only thing I would do differently is make a bigger hole for the lock so that you can either put on a much bigger lock or a lock with a recessed shackle. The box is only as good as the lock that protects it after all. If a $10 pair of bolt
cutters can easily beat your lock, you are wasting you time using the box in the first place.

I would also make some holes in the back so you can lag bolt it to the tree.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:00 PM
Fork Horn

I agree with the bigger lock. I just used what I had around. has for the lag screw the straps hold it to the tree I don't care if they take the box,just the camera,but that would suck to find the box there and no camera.

I have two area I want to put this camera on.One of them will be a few days the other will be a week or more that's the one I am worried about because of the flash might bring attention to it. the first is Quantico Base the other is private property and it has a private road beside it and that flash will stand out at night.