Community
Black Powder Ask opinions of other hunters on new technology, gear, and the methods of blackpowder hunting.

Home made BP

Old 06-22-2004, 05:42 AM
Typical Buck

Default Home made BP

Does anyone make their own black powder? Are there any good sites for this hobby? Some probably think this a crazy idea but I do remember making BP when I was a kid just for fun. Go around blowing up stuff. Probably really stupid to do by today’s standards, might even be highly illegal since 911 and all. Any insight would be appreciated. Phil
Old 06-22-2004, 09:17 PM

Default RE: Home made BP

Majing your own BP is in the same class as removing your own appendix. It can be done, but is a last resort only type of situation. As long as I can buy it, I am not going to run the risks involved in making it.
Old 06-22-2004, 10:20 PM
Boone & Crockett

I don't think it's illegal but it is extremely dangerous. You are lucky you didn't get hurt making it in the past. Many people in that past have died making black powder before it was commercialized and perfected under very controled conditions.
Old 06-23-2004, 01:42 AM

It may be dangerous & wether or not I'm nuts or not hasn't been a question for quite some time.The sad fact of the matter is that Canada is out of BP & it doesn't appear to be something I'll be able to buy in my lifetime.[:@] So please don't bother with your opinions on our mental faculties as WE KNOW. So if you've got the recipe, send it along,as my Borschardt 45-120-3 1/4 converts BP to soot at a prestigious rate & I'm down to my last case.The difference in group size between BP & Pyrodex is 17" at 1000 yd.{ 10" vs 27"}That's more than I'm willing to accept, so bring on the cookbook! All we can do up here is pray for a resounding defeat of the Liberals in 6 days. This whole fiasco is because nobody in a whole class of engineering students had the brains or guts to tackle Lepine when he changed magazines! Only one of the survivors felt bad enough to commit suicide after the fact. That must have been an equal opportunity university.Normally people of such low intelligence & gumption couldn't get into any type of secondary education including home engineering !
Old 06-23-2004, 03:42 AM
Typical Buck

Sharkush,thanks for the reply but what did all that political stuff mean?

I thought that their would be at least a few "nuts" Compliment out their making home brew.
Old 06-23-2004, 08:23 AM
Typical Buck

http://www.blackpowdernet.com/powder.htm

Hay Sharkush check out this page and your troubles should go away.
Old 06-23-2004, 11:59 AM

Oh Phil! If I wasn't so violently opposed to same sex marriages, I'd ,I'd, Oh never mind. I guess a heartfelt thankyou will do..That political crap is just venting, bitching,& a not so private opinion! We have a federal election on June 28 & we have a chance to throw out gun registration on it's paisley covered butt! We Canuckleheads can really foam at the mouth when we even think about registration! Thank you again.I don't know if I'll be in touch until the 12/july as I'm going fishing in Flin Flon,Manitoba.Hope to fill the boat with walleyes!.I'll let you know how I make out! Bye the way, all my progeny are over 25, except for one; she' s six Bye for now.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:27 PM

This Link, will answer all your Questions,and give one a Good Information Base, before one gets started.

http://websearch.cs.com/wm/boomframe...r.com%2Fbp.htm
Old 06-25-2004, 04:08 AM
Typical Buck

Hidden Hunter that was great thanks Phil
Old 06-25-2004, 06:18 AM

Your Welcome Phil. Just be carefull, if you decide to make up a Batch. Leave your Ball Mill outside,away from Buildings, Pets, and Children. Chances are very Slim, on a Explosion, as long as Safety Precautions are followed. Precise Volume Weights, are the most critical, along with using QUALITY Ingredients. Have Fun!

Quick Reply: Home made BP

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.