Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Thinking about a new camera... >

Thinking about a new camera...

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Thinking about a new camera...

Old 10-29-2008, 02:01 PM

Default Thinking about a new camera...

After watching the video on this Leaf River ir5 review (link is middle of the page) it makes me want to make a bunch of mock scrapes and set a Leaf River in video mode nearby. Anybody else tried making mock scrapes and then putting a camera up? Seems like a great idea and it looks like the leaf river cameras have just about the best video around.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Thinking about a new camera...

I have some video that came from a scrape that a buck made that I kept freshening everyday with buck scent. I made some mock scrapes, but then both my sd cards claim to say memory full so I decided to flip it back on still image and set it for 1min. until I remember to pick up a card when I get into town.
I bought a bottle of mock scrape maker, it was probably a waste of money. Lately I've been squirting a little estrous scent in the mock scrape, but because my memory has been full, I couldn't tell you if any bucks have checked it out.[:@] Fine time to quit on me now. I've been patiently waiting to see when the bucks start coming to the scrape during the day, because that's when I will be sitting there all day waiting for him or them, to make the mistake again.