Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 s600 trail cam eating batteries >

s600 trail cam eating batteries

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

s600 trail cam eating batteries

Old 10-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Fork Horn

Default s600 trail cam eating batteries

My s600 trail cam with a yeti board has been eating batteries like no other. It is only making about 4 days and about 30 pictures. A month ago it was making like 10 days and 200 pictures. So far I have tried lithium batteries, and energizers. They are all going really fast. I also had a 9 volt already go on me for the board, and it's only been in since July.
Any Ideas???
Old 10-09-2008, 11:31 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: s600 trail cam eating batteries

With rechargeable batteries I get 400+ pictures with our S600's. I've not tried lithium batteries and alkaline batteries will not last long at all. I have several trail cams with real digital cameras in them and use rechargeable batteries in all of them.

I've had a camera with a yeti board for a couple of months now and have not had to change the 9 volt battery yet. They should last 4 to 6 months. Get a new Duracell or Energizer 9v battery and see how long it lasts. If it is still using batteries that fast then there is something wrong and you should check with the manufacturer.

I do have two Pixcontroller boards that use up 9v batteries in about four weeks, while the other two boards I have from Pix worked fine. I couldn't find out why these boards used up batteries so fast.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: s600 trail cam eating batteries

Mj, contact Mark at Yeti cam. ([email protected]) and he will help you to fix your problem. This is not normal for a Yeti board. You should be getting close to a year from a 9-volt battery. I currently have 16 P41and S600 units out with these control boards in them.

The best batteries to use in the camera are AA lithiums. I usually get at least 900 pictures. With rechargeables I would have less than 500.

Steve