Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Camera by stand??? >

Camera by stand???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Camera by stand???

Old 09-16-2008, 06:38 PM
Fork Horn

Default Camera by stand???

Is it a bad idea to place a camera by a recently hung tree stand? Coaching football and not getting in the woods as much as I would like, I am curiousto see when the deer are moving by it, but I am afraid to spook them with the season so close. Also,what about starting a new mineral site (stump licker and buck jam) by my stand? With all the new food in the area, I am not sure if the deer will even hit it. Any thoughts or advice???
Old 09-16-2008, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Camera by stand???

You bought the camera because you don't have the time to scout. You bought it to do the scouting for you. If you set up your camera, set it up, start up your new mineral site, and stay out of the area until you absolutely can't stand waiting anymore or until the first day of the season. Check the camera. I hope for the best for you. Good luck!
Old 09-16-2008, 09:56 PM

Default RE: Camera by stand???

I would say it would be fine, just make sure you only check it when you go in to hunt that very stand. Anymore going in and out then whats needed would hurt the stand site. Also it really helps if your camera is Infrared, alot of deer especially mature bucks get spooked by white flash. Eventually they may void the area or make a larger arc around that location in order to pass through.