Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Your history with trailcams >

Your history with trailcams

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Your history with trailcams

Old 08-13-2008, 08:47 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Your history with trailcams

Hello, my name is Pastorjim and I'm addicted to trailcams. I would be interested to know what some of your histories are with trailcams. I consider them to be the greatest advance in hunting technology in the last 20yrs. I will kick it off with my own history. 1st unit my wife purchased for me about 18yrs agowas a Trailmaster made by some company in Kansas. Unit consisted of two different pieces with a detachable 35mm camera. Worked great and the units could be placed up to 90ft. apart so it had a great range. Second cam was a35mm gamewatcher from wallyworld that lasted approx. 2yrs. and died. Next I started buying used 35mm camtrakkers off of ebay. Worked great but battery life and buying/processing film nearly broke me up. Now Ihave two Moultrie I-40s, and I love them. So there's the challenge....Let me know!!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-13-2008, 08:55 AM

Default RE: Your history with trailcams

My very first camera was the wildview! The batteries lasted about a week, but i do have to say it did take some very good pics. I also had the stealth cam 35mm, it also was a good camera. Now this year i finally upgraded to 3 new cameras. Stealth cam 230IR, Scout Gaurd, and i just ordered the cuddeback capture that i should be getting soon. I love this addiction!!
Old 08-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

this is my 8th (or 9th??) year using trail cameras. I started with a trailtimer photohunter, purchased about 4-5 more trailtimers and then moved to digital a few years ago. I've probably owned nearly 2 dozen cams (IF MY WIFE ONLY KNEW!) over the years. currently i use 2 moultrie i-60's. one moultrie i-40. 2 stealth i450's. 2 trailtimer ez-cams (yes, i still use 35mm cams). I have a couple others that are just sitting around, but they suck more batteries then they are worth.

i think i'm done buying cameras for this year. I might have to replace the i450's next year though
[/align]
Old 08-13-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I started a few years back with 1 moultrie i had bought off ebay. It took a couple years before I found some hot spots that showed me some big boys. Then I got hooked so last year I bought 1 more moultrie and this year bought a 3rd moultrie. Maybe I need to just keep getting 1 a year.
Old 08-13-2008, 12:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I got my first trail camera in 2003. It was a DC-100 Non-Typical. It took alot of great photos but the price of film was killing me. So in 2006 i bought a Moultrie 4.1 Cabelas Edition. That camera has taken over 4,000 photos since i got it. Last year i bought my 3rd trail cam, aStealth CamI-450. Which has proven to be my best camera so far.
Old 08-13-2008, 01:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hello, my name is pastorjim and I am addicted to trailcams. Great response so far to trailcam history question. Just a couple of comments though. Mottz, you are on your way to addiction and may need professional help. And Rackluster, you are fully addicted and may need a marraige counselor if your wife ever learns the truth!! LOL.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-13-2008, 02:31 PM
Spike

Well I am new to the game cameras. After reading many reviews I got me a Reconyx RC-60 about a month ago. Set the camera in the woods and the first time I checked it I had 18 pictures. All coons. Second time I checked I had 51 pictures of coons & squirrels. With all the hot weather we were having I set the sensitivity to very high and the next time I checked it I had 423 pictures of coons, squirrels, crows and my first deer a little doe. The RC-60 is back out in the woods along with a SG550. Trying to wait til the 23rd before I go check them. This waiting is sure getting hard. I keep telling my self I need to go check the cameras. I guess I am hooked!!!
Old 08-13-2008, 04:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mottz, you are on your way to addiction and may need professional help.
My professional has told me it's too late for him to help. Live out my addiction and see where it takes me.
Old 08-13-2008, 05:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I started with one of the Moultrie film cameras in 2000, one that used the 6 volt battery. I sold it an bought a Leaf River Digital camera about 2 years later. That Leaf River camera drowned in April of this year. I now havetwo Leaf Rivers an a RC-55 Reconyxcamera.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:38 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Bought my first trail camera in 2001, it was a photohunter. I was really pleased in how it worked so I bought 2 more of them. I am still using all 3 of them today. Film gets expensive but I don't worry about missing a buck running down a trail. I was sad to hear that they went out of business b/c they made the best film camera on the market. I bought a moultrie digital last year and it works good for feeders, scrapes, and mineral licks, trigger time is to slow for trails. Thinking aboutbuying a capture this fall. MY wife and kids love the cameras too, they can't wait to see the pics I bring home.

Quick Reply: Your history with trailcams

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.