Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Your history with trailcams >

Your history with trailcams

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Your history with trailcams

Old 08-14-2008, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Your history with trailcams

ORIGINAL: DTC

Bought my first trail camera in 2001, it was a photohunter. I was really pleased in how it worked so I bought 2 more of them. I am still using all 3 of them today. Film gets expensive but I don't worry about missing a buck running down a trail. I was sad to hear that they went out of business b/c they made the best film camera on the market.
amen. the trailtimer photohunter (and ez-cam) was the best film camera i've ever used. it outperforms just about any digital on the market even today. battery life, picture quality, flash range, trigger time...that camera has it all. I really wish they would have made a digital version.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

Bought my first trailcam last July, a homebrew. Liked it so well I got an early xmas present from the wife with another last August, another homebrew. Added 2 more homebrews in February, one in May and one in June, homebrews also. Addicted doesn't even begin todescribe it.Thinking about a video unit, but not really sure I need it. Xmas is coming up though.
Old 08-16-2008, 05:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

MichiganBowbender,

You are absolutely right-on, addiction does not describe it. What started for me as a way to scout has morphed into a completely different hobby/obsession itself. I saw your post and pics on the other thread. Those pics are absolutely gorgeous. Did you build the homebrew or purchase it from someone and how does the price of the homebrews compare with the units you purchase in the stores? I'd be interested.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-16-2008, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

As yet I have only purchased, not attempted a build. I can see it in my future though. The first two cams were Sony P41's with Snapshotsniper boards and I paid $350.00 each. Picked up two more of the same in the early spring for $225.00 each. It was the offseason and got a better price. The last two are S600 Sonys with Yeti control boards. Actually the pics are a little clearer, and paid $160.00 for the first, and $140.00 for the second. All are whiteflash homebrews.