Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Should I check it? >

Should I check it?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Should I check it?

Old 07-05-2008, 04:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Should I check it?

I posted a question a little while ago about sd cards and for everyone that responded, Thanks for the tips. I am happy witht the quality of pics from my moultrie d40 and after realizing the interal memory held very little pictures, I bought a 2 gig sd card. MY new question is this: I checked my camera for the first time after only 4 days, just to make sure it was working correctly. I got some good pics but could only view a small amount from the first day because the rest would not save due to my lack of an sd card in there. Now that I have the card in there, should I check it again to make sure the card is saving the pictures? Someone on this forum told me awhile ago to check new cameras after only a few days to make sure they are working right, but I'm curious to see if anyone has an opinion on whether or not I should check it again after only a few days to make sure the sd card is saving them properly, or if I should wait a couple weeks. I guess Im worried that I'll go to check it in two weeks and it'll end up being a problem with the sd card.Im new to trail cams but defitnitely addicted, so its gard enough just waiting two or three weeks to check them. Too much suspense ..haha

Adam Bowman
Southwest Ohio/Southeast Indiana
Old 07-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Should I check it?

Adam thats strictly up too you---What you don't want to do IMO is go too your stands to much--could cause the deer to shy away in the daytime hours!! I usuall check mine once a week sometimes every other week!
Another tip--When I go to check I usually whistle, make some kind of racket to make the deer leave before I get there--I don't sneak in it startles the deer to bad!!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

This early in the season you should be OK checking it, but as said before that is your call. I would check it if I had been having problems with it, to get the bugs worked out before season gets any closer!!!! Then you can leave it out longer and stay out of your area as much as possible!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 04:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Hey Adam,
Iforgot to mention, you will like the D40 it takes pretty good pic's for a $100 camera...here's a couple off mine back in April

Old 07-05-2008, 05:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

Alright, thanks for the advice.. Tex- Those are some really nice pics. Im definitelyhappy with my moultrie so far considering the price. These are a couple of my first pics that actually saved,before I had an sd card. So hopefullymy camera willcapture some images of the two bucksIve been seeing in the mornings andi'll post them. Thanks again

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/bowmanaj/trailcamjune011.jpg

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk356/bowmanaj/trailcamjune012.jpg