Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 No Flash trail cameras >

No Flash trail cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

No Flash trail cameras

Old 01-31-2008, 05:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: No Flash trail cameras

Good point, hadn't looked at it that way. My camera does make a slight noise when the shutter opens, and of course a split second before the pic is taken. And you will never get an honest answer from a manufacturer. For one, they don't know. And for another, they would not tell you if they did.They are not going to cut into their business by offering just one or the other. As long as they can keep the controversy going between us, they will have achieved their marketeting goals. Meaning the best of both worlds for them. And so it goes.
Old 01-31-2008, 10:48 PM

I had a post on this 01/06/08 or close to that date "can't see IR flask my A....", check out the pics.
I actually had this same deer several weeks in a row come back to the same location, so I don't think it spooks them all that much. I do think they can definitely see it as I have many other pics of deer checking it out. But they all seem to stick around. They can definitely here it switch from Color to IR mode if they are around at dusk. Hope this helps.
Old 02-01-2008, 12:19 PM
Fork Horn

I have the moultrie IR-40 and the deer seem to look at it since the camera makes a small clicking sound but they don't seem to run. I think I might have had one deer that ran from the camera but it was when I had it only a few feet from the trail. I think the IR flash does help but have seen many regular flash pictures of deer that just look at the camera and don't get alarmed. I have to say though I am very pleased with the battery life of my camera compared to others and it has been a great product and hunting tool.