Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Give me the Lowdown, leaf river, Moultrie..ect >

Give me the Lowdown, leaf river, Moultrie..ect

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Give me the Lowdown, leaf river, Moultrie..ect

Old 12-15-2007, 12:41 PM

Default RE: Give me the Lowdown, leaf river, Moultrie..ect

well i was going to either get a moultrie I40 or a Leaf River with the big view screen DC-6SS. they seem to be the best buy values. I like the viewer and the mounting set up on the Leaf River, and a awesome sturdy looking box, but the moultrie seems to have a better picture taking value from what i have learned. Im still a couple of days away from getting the camera and still taking input. I dont guess you could go wrong with either tho.
Old 12-15-2007, 04:15 PM

Default RE: Give me the Lowdown, leaf river, Moultrie..ect

Here's my view, Ive had cuddeback's, stealth cams, and now a moultrie. Ive gone through 6 or 7 cuddebacks in the last 2 years, I couldnt get one to work right for longer than a couple months, I returned the stealth cam I had after a few days because it didnt work right out of the box. I bought a moultrie I40 this year and have been happy with it, I'll say ive been the most satisfied with this camera. It takes excellent IR pics. I have one of the older cuddebacks that still works good for me also (knock on wood). I think the flash does spook deer a little, more so older deer, which is one reason I like the IR camera I have now. I have never gotten more than 3 or 4 pics in a row of a mature buck with a flash camera, also I think if a flash camera is left in one spot for a long time it will educate mature deer and they will be more cautious, I'm talking about just in the immediate area of the camera.With my moultrie I40 I have sometimes got 40+ pics of a big buck so I dont think it spooks them at all. I will definately be getting another I40 in the near future. It is one of the best buys for the money right now.