Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 moultrie I60 question >

moultrie I60 question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie I60 question

Old 07-15-2007, 08:54 PM

Default moultrie I60 question

i just joined but have been lurking around for a while now and found this site to be very useful.
i bought a moultrie I60 cam yesterday and found that it seems to take poor quality pics. My thought is that it isnt set to 6.0 pixel. I have it set to enhanced but my 3.1 seems to take better pics. the other odd thing was that i installed a 1 gig sd card into it and it said i could take 1109 pics on enhanced mode. my 3.1 will only allow 580 pics with the enhanced mode with the 1 gig card.
has anyone else experanced this?
Old 07-15-2007, 09:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: moultrie I60 question

I haven't gotten one yet but I know something has to be wrong because they take great pictures.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2175215&mpage=1&key=&#217521 5

Check out Chasing Game... and ask Anthony (he has been testing them):

http://www.chasingame.com/forum/index.php
Old 07-16-2007, 10:32 PM

well it is fixed i guess. my dog knocked it off the chair that i had temporarly set it on while putting on my shoes and now it works great. im kinda wondering for how long though and do not recomend anyone trying this method to fix a cam. it does take greatpics, much better than my 3.1. i took it out to my stand and stuck it on a tree just 3 feet behind my 3.1 to test the difference. the 6.0 cam got 226 picsand the 3.1 got 81both in 28 hrs. Iknewmy 3.1 had a slow trigger but wow. the 6.0 had 8 pictures before the 3.1 took its first one. im glad i got the 4 gig chip!

thanks for the help

CC
Old 07-16-2007, 10:44 PM
Spike

Cat,
Have you had any whiteout issues with pictures?
Old 07-16-2007, 11:14 PM

yes, right around dawn and dusk. I was thinking of trying that fiber optic cable trick to aid the sensor. i am going to surf ebay to see what i can find. this option seems like you would be able to adjust the light aid more than with a dental mirror. i guess i may become one of the engineers wanted from the other post.
Old 07-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Spike

If the position is possible, have you heard about some guys facing the cam to the north to cut down on the number of whiteout shoots?
Old 07-18-2007, 02:41 AM

ive had some whiteout issues with my 3.1 around the same times. The direction does make a difference but north does help. This is the direction i have my three 3.1 cams set and will with this new one. I just purchaced some fiber optic cable off of ebay and have a pretty good idea on how to catch some more light. I will be documenting along the way so i can pass the trick on if it works. it looks like it will be a pretty cheap fix....if it works that is.
Old 07-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Spike

Have you contacted Moultrie about any of the issues - if so, what has been their response?
Old 07-18-2007, 01:33 PM

i never did contact moultrie but was well aware of this problem not being just my problem. i mainly just tried to fix it myself with angles and gadgets. i had a top off of a water bottle (the kind you pull to open and push down to close) drilled out and mounted around my camera lens which did help with the angles. i was able to point east and west alot more without the sun blinding the lens but still had the problem either in the morning or dusk so that idea was a bust. now it is onto led cables and the light sensor itself.

with the new version i have heard rumors that moultrie will be coming out with a software update to help correct the white out problem. i hope it is that easy but will still try home fixes just in case.
Old 07-18-2007, 08:50 PM

well i checked my I60 cam today and found it with the battery level at 7%, flashing low battery, and it only took 8 pictures, i left it with a 99% battery 42 hrs earlier.also the clear IR flash cover had a smokey film on it like it had a fire inside it. i took it home to test what happened and found that with the 4 gb chip, the IR flash decides to stay on at all times once tripped until the battery is drained and would not complete taking the picture. i installed the 1 gig chip and had no problems other than i noticed that the IR flash is staying on longer now (about 2 - 3 seconds) with the 1 gb chip (test done with older duracell batteries that tested at 60%).i seem to be having alot of problems with this thing and it isnt even 1 week old. i ran a diagnostic with the 4 gb and 1 gb chips in it and it all checked out ok so i am not sure what is going on.
i downloaded the 8 pictures it got with the 4gb cardand 3 of them would not open up, the other 5 were ok and great quality night pics. when i cleaned the clear plastic cover for the IR flash, there is a blue tinge to the plastic now, this thing must have gotten hot.

Quick Reply: moultrie I60 question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.