Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Life expectancy of Cuddeback? >

Life expectancy of Cuddeback?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Life expectancy of Cuddeback?

Old 02-27-2007, 08:17 PM

Default Life expectancy of Cuddeback?

I have a few trail camera and the oldest digital I have is a Cudedeback, I think its a early 04 model, possibly 03. It has served me flawlessly for three years now and has taken about 20,000 plus pictures for me in that time. For the last couple weeks I have been getting some dark pics at night. The time and date are there but the pic is black, basically the flash isnt firing,, I have a few right at dusk, and you can see the sky,, so it is taking pics, but the flash isnt always working. It is flashing about one out of every three pics, and I dont know how long the flash bulb will last, I mean it is a light bulb, so Im sure it burns out after time. I called Cuddeback about it, and they told me expectancy is usually 10,000-15,000 pics before experiencing flash trouble, and mine had actually outlasted that, I can send it back for a small charge, and they will fix the problem and test everything and make sure it is all in good working order. My question is, has anyone ever had this problem with theirs, and what was it, did you send it back. Was it worth paying to have it fixed, or should I just get another new camera. They told me it would be $60 for them to test and repair and ship the camera back to me. Should I do it? Thanks
Old 02-27-2007, 09:37 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Life expectancy of Cuddeback?

Hadn't had that problem yet but where are you going to get a cam as good as the cudde for $60? I say get it fixed and move on! I love mine and if it makes it 20K pics I'll pay the $60 to have it fixed.
good luck
Old 02-27-2007, 09:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Life expectancy of Cuddeback?

I would pay the 60.00 if it came to it.

But first set the camera up in your house - play with the settings - and see if you can get the camera to flash in poor light.

If the flash goes off - I'd call again - get a differnt tech person and tell them that the camera is taking black pics sometimes.

I had mine fixed last year (it was 1 year old)- and I had about the same problem - except I got black pics in the day too.

They did a software upgrade and swapped out the flash - I think it cost me $20.00 in shipping - and it took 4 weeks.

good luck - and worst case - if it costs 60.00 - its still a great cam.

FH