Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Good trail camera >

Good trail camera

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Good trail camera

Old 02-22-2007, 07:17 PM

Default Good trail camera

Need help picking out the bestDigital trail came in the $200 range. I will be setting this up near a feeder
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good trail camera

How long are you going to leave it between checking on it?

The Moultrie Gamespy 200 is supposed to work well with a feeder and you can get it with a 6 volt rechargeable battery, recharger,and solar panel for under $200. I just bought one off ebay for $175 including shipping.

I also just bought a Stealth I390 for around $135 and a 6 volt rechargeable battery pack and charger for it for another $45 including shipping for a total of $180.

These are both slow trigger cameras and really not good trail cameras. I also bought a Bushnell 19200 for $135 including shipping but it uses 4 D cell batteries and is only supposed to last a few weeks between changing batteries. It is supposed to have a much faster trigger for trails, buthas been reported to haveproblems going to sleep where it still takes 4 or 5 seconds to trigger.

Not sure you can get a really good trail camera for under $200 but after reading here and a few other forums, I just decided to buy those 3 and see how they work for me. I set them out last Saturday and I'll go check them out next Wednesday if I can wait that long!
Old 02-22-2007, 08:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

If you are going to use it on a feeder, moultrie will be find, just make sure to get a solar panel because the batteries dont last long. You can check out some of the pictures on my post from a moultrie. Also we have a cuddy back for trail usage.
Old 02-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Fork Horn

I have a Moultrie, its OK but there are better cameras out there in the $200 range. The Moultrie cameras have a thing called Sureshot, with sureshot it takes 2 passes in front of the camera before it will take a picture. I had a Wildview ExtremeII that cost me $76.00 and was way better then my Moultrie. Check out this site http://www.chasingame.com/and read the camera review section and then ask that question in there forum.[/align]Good Luck[/align]Joe[/align]
Old 02-23-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a moultrie and really like it...takes a good picture and only costs $150.
Old 02-23-2007, 11:30 AM

We are very happy with our Moultrie Gamespy 200's. They are supposed release some new ones in April. So you may want to wait and see what they are coming out with.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:01 PM
Fork Horn

Like Texas Hog Hunter said, I would hole off and see what's new for 2007. I know Moultrie is supposed to have a whole new line, offering 1 second trigger speed, longer battery life, D batteries instead of the 6Volt. All the manufactures should had there new line up out soon.[/align]Good Luck[/align] Joe[/align]
Old 02-23-2007, 07:25 PM

I've got a moutrie on a feeder and could not be happier. Its a great camera for the money I've got tons of pictures from the feeder the battery a rechargeable 6v lastest about 10 days in 0-35 degree weather could be better but I'm very pleased with it. Also the batteries are the cheap walmart brand they have a lower amp then the moultries batteries i would recomned trying them instead. Didn't notice until I had all ready bought two of them
Old 02-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

The best digital game cam for $200 is a homebrew if you would like to take on a project.
Old 02-26-2007, 05:11 AM

I have always used Stealth 1.3 MegaPixel cameras. I've bought one off here for $60 shipped before.

Quick Reply: Good trail camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.