HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Good trail camera
View Single Post
Old 02-22-2007, 07:45 PM
npaden
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Good trail camera

How long are you going to leave it between checking on it?

The Moultrie Gamespy 200 is supposed to work well with a feeder and you can get it with a 6 volt rechargeable battery, recharger,and solar panel for under $200. I just bought one off ebay for $175 including shipping.

I also just bought a Stealth I390 for around $135 and a 6 volt rechargeable battery pack and charger for it for another $45 including shipping for a total of $180.

These are both slow trigger cameras and really not good trail cameras. I also bought a Bushnell 19200 for $135 including shipping but it uses 4 D cell batteries and is only supposed to last a few weeks between changing batteries. It is supposed to have a much faster trigger for trails, buthas been reported to haveproblems going to sleep where it still takes 4 or 5 seconds to trigger.

Not sure you can get a really good trail camera for under $200 but after reading here and a few other forums, I just decided to buy those 3 and see how they work for me. I set them out last Saturday and I'll go check them out next Wednesday if I can wait that long!