Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 M.A.D. Wildlife Eye >

M.A.D. Wildlife Eye

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

M.A.D. Wildlife Eye

Old 02-19-2007, 11:06 PM

Default M.A.D. Wildlife Eye

I was just wondering if anybody has any experience with the M.A.D. Wildlife Eye and what your opinions are on it. I found a good deal on one and I am pondering the idea of purchasing it. I think that it would be a great tool to get for some of the scrapes or field edges that I usually set the Cuddebacks on as it would give me a little better idea of what the deer are doing and what the bucks racks look like. My major concerns with the unit are how long the battery life is and if the sensor works well. Any info, tips, advice, or opinions would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:05 PM

Default RE: M.A.D. Wildlife Eye

No, I haven't used one, but I would be very interested in seeing how well they work. I think it is a great idea.
Old 02-20-2007, 02:54 PM
Typical Buck

Buck Magnet I believe that unit is normally sold without a camerra. You would need to supply your own video camera (must have Lan C connection) and you would be a go. Battery life would depend on the camera you used.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:54 PM
Fork Horn

Go to this website and in the top left click on Scouting Camera reviews http://www.chasingame.com/
Good Luck
Joe
Old 02-23-2007, 05:39 AM

A friend of mine has one and has had the worst luck getting it figured out. His came with the Sony camera. I was going to buy one until Istarted hearing bad reviews (www.chasingame.com). If you are looking at one without the camera, do some research on video cameras. The list of cameras that comes with the unit is outdated, most of the sony cameras aren't in production anymore...just refurbished from the factory. You may try on ebay, I saw a couple of deals. Also, I wouldn't buy a camera unless you see the LANC port on the camera. I was at several stores where the spec sheet listed this option on the camera only to find that it wasn't on there.

Hope this has helped a little. I chose to go with the Recon Talon Extreme. I am much happier than my friend with the Eye.

Jeremy
Old 02-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Fork Horn

I, after reading this post, checked an old 8mm Sony Camera that I have from 5 years ago. It is the TR716 and has the Lanc jack and the NightShot feature. I am thinking of dropping a little $ for this thing and see if I can get it to work. The review I read was not great at all, but I have found others that like the unit. I wish there were more people here who have tried it. That would make the decision easier. I guess it is just another thing to tinker with during the long wait for the season to come back.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:42 AM
Spike

Default mad wildlife eye

Its a old camera system I bought one when they first came out .they work good after you get the settings right.I wanted to set my up this past season but my disc and instructions got thrown out if any body can help me find out were to get it i would appreciate the help. mario
Old 04-01-2016, 05:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's an older Bulky Trail Camera that didn't take off as well as planned...I'm surprised to see they still work and People using them?Don't get me wrong...I was considering buying 1 myself but in the process of saving up the cash newer and smaller affordable trail cameras were too easy to grab up so the idea to buy 1 was dropped.

How well do they actually perform.....from those here that still have them in Service?

Funny thing is when the Drury's first started out with the Wild Life Eye it seemed they would take off and be the ideal trail camera but over time the newer,small more compact trail cameras seemed to put the larger Wild Life Eye's on the back burner and now...Ironically Drury's use and endorse the much higher dollar/costly Reconyx Trail Cameras.
Old 01-06-2022, 07:42 AM
Spike

I have at least 10 or more of the MAD Wildlife eye scouting cameras, I Purchased more than ten years ago. Compared to the scouting cameras today they are obsolete. They are big bulky cameras and they take time learning how to use them. Using the video tape cameras take a long time to review your footage because you watch it in real time. The batteries they use are 12 volt lead acid batteries that last a reasonable amount of time and are rechargeable. I am currently experimenting with one of my Wildlife Eyes using a Sony video camera that uses a memory stick. Hopefully this way I can download the video from the camera's memory stick to my computer, then pull single still photos from the video clips. One thing I like about this camera sit up is, I can use a good quality camera that allows the option of using different lens and lens filters. I think the concept of this scouting camera set up is interesting and fun to experiment with. If anyone has one of these cameras and don't know how to use it, I have the instruction books and I am pretty sure I have the DVD that came with them. So if anyone needs information on how to program and set the cameras up. I would be happy to help.
Old 11-17-2022, 04:22 AM
Spike

Sony camera is cool