Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 moultrie security >

moultrie security

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie security

Old 12-06-2006, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

Default moultrie security

What do you guys use to secure your camera to the tree. I love my camera, but dont like how it attach's with bungy chords
Old 12-06-2006, 07:04 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: moultrie security

ORIGINAL: mbhutton

What do you guys use to secure your camera to the tree. I love my camera, but dont like how it attach's with bungy chords
Sometimes I think a spike through the center of it would be best. But then I find a picture of a buck on the SD card....

I use a nylon adjustable strap to secure it to trees. I absolutely hate those crappy little 'shoe strings' that came with it.
Old 12-06-2006, 07:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

well what i idd was attach it with the bungy chords, and then i took a chain, wrapped it around the tree, and locked both sides to the view finder thingy at the top. if yours has it... For a better explanation is i put the lock thru the viewfinder thingy at the top, then wrapped a chain around and put ends in the lock and closed it, it has worked for me but if someone REALLY wanted it, they could steal it no matter what system you had!!
Old 12-06-2006, 08:12 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Cougars09

well what i idd was attach it with the bungy chords, and then i took a chain, wrapped it around the tree, and locked both sides to the view finder thingy at the top. if yours has it... For a better explanation is i put the lock thru the viewfinder thingy at the top, then wrapped a chain around and put ends in the lock and closed it, it has worked for me but if someone REALLY wanted it, they could steal it no matter what system you had!!
You talk like someone stealing it would be a bad thing.