Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cudde-Back Digital Camer >

Cudde-Back Digital Camer

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cudde-Back Digital Camer

Old 12-03-2006, 06:48 PM

Default Cudde-Back Digital Camer

http://cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp;jsessionid=SR1P1UYKY1PDMCWQNWQSCOYK0BW0EI WE?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20712-cat20098&id=0039242417620a&navCount=5& podId=0039242&parentId=cat20098&masterpath id=&navAction=push&catalogCode=QT&rid= &parentType=index&indexId=cat20098&has JS=true&_requestid=119964

A faster trigger, a longer-range flash, longer battery life - all in a new, more compact package to set the popular Cuddeback™ EXpert apart from the competition. This high-resolution 3.0-megapixel custom color camera records still photos with delay sets from a minute to an hour, or 10- to 60-second video clips during daylight hours. Its powerful night strobe flash illuminates game up to 60 ft. away, making it one of the longest-range flash units you can buy in a scouting camera. Instant Trigger Technology™ activates the camera in just 3/4 of a second, one of the fastest trigger speeds on the market. Heat-in motion sensitivity adjustment allows precise activation settings to make certain you get the images you want and don't waste pictures on smaller critters. Glass lenses ensure sharp images with enhanced depth. Program the camera to the times of day you want it to be active. Operation is made simple by the EZ Mode LCD and keypad controls. If you wish, you can brand your name and phone number into the electronics, and it will appear with the date and time on each image. Cuddeback's integrated security features will give you peace of mind. The EXpert is equipped with TheftStop™ password protection, the Torx® tree mounting screw (included) is inside the housing, and access to the padlock (not included) shackle is very difficult for anyone who might try to cut it off. Battery Wise Technology™ operates the EXpert for up to six months or takes up to 1,000 images before the four D batteries (not included) need to be changed. This camera also operates longer in cold weather than many other scouting cameras. Images are stored on a removable CompactFlash digital media card (not included) and the new design makes accessing the card easier. The unit's internal memory can store up to 20 images without the card. Weatherproof 3-D camo housing. [/align]
[/align][/align]Im looking to get a cuddeback Digital camera right here shortly,but i dont want the wrong 1 as iv heard alot of bad talk about the Cuddeback digital camera,any suggestions or information i might need to know before i purchase one,the pics it shows there look pretty good,[/align][/align]Any suggestions on any other digital cameras that are actually good?fast triggering?[/align][/align][/align]And if anyone could,could i see some pictures of some ''3.0-megapixel ''[/align]pictures?is 3.0 megapixels good?or should i try 4?[/align][/align][/align]
Old 12-03-2006, 08:51 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Cudde-Back Digital Camer

I have a cudde expert and I like it alot. I've heard the "no flash" modlehas issues so I would stay away from that one till they get the bugs worked out. My cudde has worked very well so far. I've had it for 3 months and I've gotten well over 500 pics with it. They only thing I don't like about it is it has a 1min pause time between pics. I wish I could adjust that down to 1-5 secs. But I guess I can live with that vs making a trip to the photo center at wallyworld to have my 35mm developed at $4 a pop.

I just got a leaf river infared model a few weeks ago. I set it out last week and it got 5 pics. It definitly has a slower trigger time(2secs or so) but it does have a quick shot mode that takes 3 pics with about a 2 sec wait time btw pics. (It still has to be triggered for the next two pics to go off...say by a second deer coming through a little behind the 1st one) They say it doesn't spook the deer but all 5 bucks in my pics were looking right at the cam so I know they can see the red lights glowing.Two of the bucks were following each other andthe time was within the same minute. Hadmy cudde been there it wouldn't have gottenthe second one b/c of the wait time.I got it over another cudde for 3 reasons. 1. was I wanted to try and IR cam, 2. the night video feature, 3. they were out of cudde's and I had a gift certificate that was about to go bad. I probably would have gotten another cudde but I'm glad I got what I got now. It seems to work pretty good. You just have to set it up where the deer are coming right at you or you know they will stop for a second to get a pic.

I personally think all cameras have a few duds that don't work. I think more people buy the cudde's over others (in the same price range) and therefore you hear more issues with them. I've seen and heard people having problems with all of them, moultrie, stealth, etc. If you get a bad one take it back and get them to exchange it. Save your receipt. I like my cudde alot and have had 0 problems with it so far.

Good Luck
Old 12-05-2006, 04:12 AM

Save yourself the troubleDon't get a cuddeback I have one from 04 and it no longer works.All together I have 6, the 04 worked so good I got 5 more, two work others have been sent in to be fixed andyou can never get through to their CS. that was Oct. said I would have them backin three weeks. Its Dec.The new model is flawed tosay the least,(no cable, batteries fallout, flash doesn't go off, not waterproof, halfway take pics, etc...Go to chasingame.com before you get a cam.its a great review of most all the trail cams.I like the moultrie cams cause they are cheep and they work.

flash didn't work.

PIC from 04 Cuddeback

Old 12-05-2006, 06:32 PM

I love my Cuddeback, and I don't think I would even consider getting anything else

[/align]