Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Has Anyone Used The Cudde Buck Digital Scouting Camera? >

Has Anyone Used The Cudde Buck Digital Scouting Camera?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Has Anyone Used The Cudde Buck Digital Scouting Camera?

Old 01-06-2004, 02:29 PM

Default Has Anyone Used The Cudde Buck Digital Scouting Camera?

I am looking at buying a new scouting camera this year and was really looking towards the cudde back digital scouting camera. They have dropped the price down to $399.99 but before I spent that kind of money I was wondering if anyone already has one and if so whats is your thoughts on this camera? I am curious to see how good of pictures the 1.3 mega pixel camera takes and how well it does at night? Does anyone have some pics that they can post that they took with this camera?

Thanks,

HANKFAN
Old 01-06-2004, 02:53 PM

Default RE: Has Anyone Used The Cudde Buck Digital Scouting Camera?

I just got one and I think they work great. I bought a card reader and I can take the card out and pop into the reader and immediately see the pics, no film, no hassle. The pics seem to be great. I just sent you an email of some the pics I've gotten so far. Feel free to post them here if you like.
Old 01-06-2004, 03:04 PM

Old 01-07-2004, 07:02 AM

Belle Island, Here is one of the pictures you sent me.

Old 01-07-2004, 07:15 AM

Nice pics Belle. Why have you been holding out on us?
Old 01-07-2004, 08:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't have that one, but mine is a Highlander. Digital is definitely the way to go. I didn't get the color however because it takes 4 times as much disk space and also requires white flash plus uses more power. The black and white uses infrared flash and I think doesn't spook the deer as much.
Old 01-07-2004, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful pictures, great resolution and clarity!!
Belle is the 'time'set correctly on the camera. In the picture, of what looks like a doe, it seems quite dark at 8:55 AM?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:03 AM

ampahunter, no the problem is I live in the REALLY DEEP SOUTH

You're right, I realized I had the AM/PM backwards when I got these back. It's corrected now. I've currently got the camera on the trail of suspected very large buck, so hopefully I can post in a week or so.
Old 01-07-2004, 10:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

That looks like a great set up you've got there. I've got the Vigil PBox with the Olympus D-390 Digital Camera and it doesn't take half as good a picture as yours.
How 'far' away from the trail do you position your camera?
On mine it says it's good for up to 20 yards away--but if I follow these instructions I can hardly see anything in the picture. Even though I can zoom the frame after, the picture is still real hard to see.
I've also set the camera at closer distances, it does work a little better--but it's nothing compared to the pictures you're getting.
If I can ask, can you say home much ($$), this took away from ya?
Old 01-07-2004, 10:30 AM

These pics are close, the trail those deer are on is less than 10 yds away. I also had some pics from further, but the flash could not pic up the deer, you could just barely see their outline. I think your best bet is to get close, w/i 5yds of the trail you want. But, I'm still just playing with this thing, I might could change some setting and really reach out there. I like the fact that I can take a 10 second video if I want with this thing. Also, those pictures are on standard quality, there is a setting for high quality.

Mine cost $500!!!! Thats high, but I will never have film costs and I can view my pics almost immediately. I think they now cost about $400. I've been wanting a camera for about 2 yrs now, I finally bit the bullet when they went digital.

This is a daytime pic. Nothing there.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone Used The Cudde Buck Digital Scouting Camera?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.