Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

I joined the club!

Old 01-11-2023, 09:19 PM
Super Moderator

Default I joined the club!

Thanks to Bronko for a great deal, a shooting lesson and a cleaning lesson- I joined the club this week.

Pedersoli frontier .50.

Did a little shooting, some cleaning, then an evening and morning hunt before heading back to Ohio for work tonight.

I'm excited to play around with this and learn what it likes. I'll be saving a tag and some PTO time for next year's flintlock season as well.

​​​​​

-Jake
Old 01-12-2023, 04:32 AM
Fork Horn

UH OH ! Jake has now been officially Radicalized by the Master Chief ! LOL
Old 01-12-2023, 09:48 AM
Boone & Crockett

I must say Jake is a quick learner and picked up many of the intricacies of the flintlock. What makes it reliable and what can cause problems and what gizmos he needs in his possibles bag to solve any issues that may pop up.
After only 4 or 5 shots his last one hit the top of a 2" bullseye off sticks at 35-40 yards.
He has Several different bullets and balls to play with to see what he shoots best but he can hunt right now as far as I can see.
May God have mercy on his soul! LOL

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-12-2023 at 09:50 AM.
Old 01-12-2023, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by bronko22000
I must say Jake is a quick learner and picked up many of the intricacies of the flintlock. What makes it reliable and what can cause problems and what gizmos he needs in his possibles bag to solve any issues that may pop up.
After only 4 or 5 shots his last one hit the top of a 2" bullseye off sticks at 35-40 yards.
He has Several different bullets and balls to play with to see what he shoots best but he can hunt right now as far as I can see.
May God have mercy on his soul! LOL

It's a deep hole to start going down!

-Jake
Old 01-12-2023, 01:18 PM
Boone & Crockett

Jake that pic you took of those rocks? I know exactly where they are Many times in the snow I saw some pretty big cat tracks all around them. Last time I saw them they were about 3" across in new snow. I'm hoping they were from a really big bobcat and not the other that's not supposed to be here! There is a fairly large space under a portion of that outcropping.

Last edited by bronko22000; 01-12-2023 at 01:20 PM.
Old 01-12-2023, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Ya there is. I looked in. Something uses it regularly.

I'll have to remember next time there's snow when I'm there to hike up there and have a look.
Old 01-13-2023, 09:54 AM
Boone & Crockett

Flintlock Fever. It's a horrible thing. It may go dormant but always returns.
Old 01-13-2023, 01:40 PM
Typical Buck

I got to get my Flintlock Deerstalker out more often. Ever since I started shooting my White's and Renegades, it has sat in the back of the safe. SIGH
Old 01-13-2023, 06:50 PM
JW
Super Moderator

Oh oh. Jake has caught the spark!

Literally Jake black powder is just a blast. No pun intended. I look towards the muzzleliader season far more than any other firearm.
Recently did Gun Safe(s) clean out/reorganize.
I found I had my dad's CVA Trapper's combo I have to try.
Not a flinter but it's something new to try in the world of blowing smoke!. I'll start with the 12 ga barrel of the set. See what pattern I get for spring turkey.

JW
Old 01-17-2023, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

I love shooting my ML's at the range especially when the wind blows the smoke back in my face. COUGH, COUGH, COUGH LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.