Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

newbie wanting to go traditional

Old 01-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I have many different models of Hawkens rifles. But must say the TC seems to be more nicely made.

This is my TC is Big Boer and the fit and finish is very good. This is a .58 cal. but there are others like it in .54 and .50 The model is basically the Renegade model.

This is my Cabalas Hawkens model which is made by the Italian company InvestArms. It is in .54 cal. It is a very rugged rifle and easy to hump in the woods.

Sorry for the long winded response, but I'mg the kind of guy who likes a visual response. I also like to touchy feely when buying a gun. Hate buying anything sight unseen! good luck and welcome to the dark side my friend.

This is my Lyman Great Plains Rifle in flint lock model. It has the longer barrel and weighs a little more and is heavy to carry in the woods after a while. Because it is a flint lock, it is more work to operate. A side note on this company, InvestArms makes these rifles also.

To me the percussion rifles are easier to operate in the woods and during bad weather. I must admit I have not taken the flinter in the woods for deer.

I do have a .4 cal. TC Seneca. These are a little to find, but are most sought after.

PS: You can also go overboard with your traditional rifles. this is my baby!!!

Last edited by rafsob; 01-22-2018 at 06:32 AM.