Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

15/16 Renegade

Old 01-15-2017, 07:34 PM
Spike

Default 15/16 Renegade

I have a T/C Renegade stock and a carbine barrel that is 15/16. Can I put the barrel on the Renegade if I run a couple of hot glue strips in the barrel channel; sorta like bedding except that you can remove it if you want. Think it will work?
Old 01-15-2017, 08:21 PM
Boone & Crockett

No need for the glue strips. It will fit well enough as is. You may need to adjust the wedges for a snug fit, but probably not. If you don't like the fit, put two strips of duct tape in the barrel channel - one strip across the channel just ahead of the breech plug and one strip just ahead of the barrel wedge.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:11 AM
Dominant Buck

I did one barrel that when I tried it was a little loose. I cut strips of duct tape the width of the flats. And then put that on the bottom of the barrel. That way the wedge pins pulled that barrel down nice and tight into the stock.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is the carbine barrel you mention a TC BARREL? If not, you will probably run into other issues with the style of hooked breech and/or position of the barrel wedge. It may be in your best interests to come up with a 1" Renegade barrel.

BPS
Old 01-16-2017, 07:30 PM
Spike

It is T/C White mountain carbine barrel.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:23 PM
Typical Buck

the wedge may not line up measure how long the wedge is from the back of the barrel and then how far it is in the stock or just put the barrel in and you'll see right away
Old 05-25-2017, 09:36 AM
Spike

if its a TC barrel prolly work but i got a new GM 32" 15/16 54 cal drop in barrel sitting here that wont breach up in a 1" stock that 26" 54 cal renegade barrel came out of. I thought it would but now scratching my head

Last edited by lastoftheloaners; 05-25-2017 at 09:39 AM.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:44 AM
Dominant Buck

Originally Posted by lastoftheloaners
if its a TC barrel prolly work but i got a new GM 32" 15/16 54 cal drop in barrel sitting here that wont breach up in a 1" stock that 26" 54 cal renegade barrel came out of. I thought it would but now scratching my head
On some of those GMB's when you try to put them in a Renegade stock they don't quite fit because the thimble rig is too long. It is necessary to take a dremel tool and cut just a small section of that thimble rib off. Or you can take and cut a chuck of stock off the rifle. But I did the thimble rib. If its a GMB drop in type it will fit that Renegade Stock.
Old 05-25-2017, 01:36 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by cayugad
On some of those GMB's when you try to put them in a Renegade stock they don't quite fit because the thimble rig is too long. It is necessary to take a dremel tool and cut just a small section of that thimble rib off. Or you can take and cut a chuck of stock off the rifle. But I did the thimble rib. If its a GMB drop in type it will fit that Renegade Stock.
thanks for suggestion I already looked there and
the thimble has plenty room on this one and I notched the stock bout 1/16 more making sure under rib is clearing also its in the tang/ breech hook that is binding I can loosen the tang screws and let back come up a little and it will go . think I am going to have cut a grove in the back side of tang or file a bit off of the hook breach so it wont raise up on tang and level up with the top then may need the gray tape on bottom .. think cutting a 1/8 grove on bottom of tang let the hook up a little prolly best fix.
Old 05-28-2017, 09:28 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by zeek99
I have a T/C Renegade stock and a carbine barrel that is 15/16. Can I put the barrel on the Renegade if I run a couple of hot glue strips in the barrel channel; sorta like bedding except that you can remove it if you want. Think it will work?
Zeek did it work for you ? I changed the tang on mine from the 1"to a 15/16 and my 15/16 gm barrel drop right in no need any tape.