Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

gun dipping snow camo

Old 02-14-2017, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
Very nice looking stock. I just never saw the need for doing that. Not that I have anything against others having it done. If that look is what you want, more power to you. I like wood! But being different is what makes us interesting. I bet that is going to be really sharp. Just be careful where you put it or lean it this winter.
Cayugad...

I, like you, favor wood stocks and traditional looks. That said, I do like the looks of some of those camo dipped stocks. I would never have one of my walnut stocked ML's dipped but I bought a used TC Firestorm flinter with a black synthetic stock a few years back and I think that pattern would look good vs the plain black stock it has. Not only that, it would match up with the snow camo coveralls I wear during our late season, providing we have snow.

BPS
Old 03-05-2017, 05:27 AM
Typical Buck

got all the parts to finish this gun.....one reveiw of the TC scope said rings were not so good but scope is good so I replace with see thru silver rings
Old 03-05-2017, 05:31 AM
Typical Buck

i got the sights i want for the new englander i just got to take off the iron sights and get the barrel and stock dipped
Old 03-05-2017, 10:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
got all the parts to finish this gun.....one reveiw of the TC scope said rings were not so good but scope is good so I replace with see thru silver rings
I wouldn't be so quick to judge those rings Ed, there's always someone out there with a bad review on something, no matter what it is. I would use them with the scope if I were you, they definitely match the camo you had put on the rifle. You can always go with the silver ones later if they don't work well.

BPS
Old 03-05-2017, 05:43 PM
Typical Buck

i've found the same thing about reviews i really don't see that there poor....thats a good idea the reveiws said the scope was as good as the banner dust to dawn scopes which i like....looking thru it it does look good i don't see any reason to use 150 grans of power lol I'll see how the rings do
Old 03-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Typical Buck

scope was like 100 bucks and maybe 10 for shipping.....not too bad
Old 03-11-2017, 08:03 PM
Typical Buck

Old 03-11-2017, 08:07 PM
Typical Buck

rear sight stops the lens cover, stripped 2 screws in the rings tighting them down......lol scope looks good, rings ok, screws were crap lol

Last edited by stripercrazy; 03-12-2017 at 04:35 PM.