Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

gun dipping snow camo

Old 01-09-2017, 01:37 PM
Typical Buck

i went with tru timber snowfall.....he said it looks great on a gun
Old 01-09-2017, 09:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
i went with tru timber snowfall.....he said it looks great on a gun
Ed...

Glad to see you went with TallTines for your dip work. He's a local guy that I went to school with and he's always been a good person in my book so I'm sure he'll do a good job for you! He's been doing this as a full time business for some time now.

BPS
Old 01-10-2017, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ok a little late here and not about dipping guns
BUT if anyone wanted a easy quick snow camo to add to a gun and one that is removable.
I found over the yrs, getting an ACE Bandage like WHITE self sticking wrap one, , you can wrap your gun in WHITE< add black browh as you want in spray paint or a marker, and have a rather handy snow camo coating on your gun, it also in pretty tacky to hold onto, I however don't add to my main hold area';s on gun to be safe as can be>
But for about 10 bucks you can have a gun snow camo'd and be off in a few seconds when NOT wanted

so, just food for thought for anyone thinking about it
OR a decent way to see how it MIGHT look, before doing more permanent
Old 02-09-2017, 02:20 PM
Typical Buck

Old 02-09-2017, 02:25 PM
Typical Buck

talltines did a great job, really nice guy too, when it was done he called me and asked if i wanted a photo while it cured for another couple days. i'm super happy. were in a good snow storm, i dont got time to put the gun together lol

Last edited by stripercrazy; 02-09-2017 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-09-2017, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

I started this thinking i'll do a new englander i have, but switched to the black diamond untill I switch to the partridge sights.... I'm stuck on how to leave the sights...i'm thinking on taking the top peice off the rear sight and having the frount sight dipped and just just paint the part of the frount sight ,that you look at to sight the gun
Old 02-09-2017, 04:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
I started this thinking i'll do a new englander i have, but switched to the black diamond untill I switch to the partridge sights.... I'm stuck on how to leave the sights...i'm thinking on taking the top peice off the rear sight and having the frount sight dipped and just just paint the part of the frount sight ,that you look at to sight the gun
Ed...

Here's my $.02 and you can take it from there. The stock looks GREAT!! Haven't seen the barrel yet BUT, I wouldn't waste my time or $$ having the front or rear sights dipped. You may want to change one or the other down the road. Not to mention the fact that you will have to mount them afterward and from time to time, move them, whether by screwdriver or hammer and punch.

The rifle will look just fine with blued/black sights on top of a camo dipped stock and barrel. We all know sights are a "wear" item, they stick out and are subject to being bumped. That's why we always shoot our rifles prior to a hunt. What you do is your business Bud, but I wouldn't have the sights dipped for those reasons.

BPS
Old 02-09-2017, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Excellent thanks for the input I've been going back and forth with this . Makes sense
Old 02-09-2017, 06:28 PM
Typical Buck

I luv it.Looks great.
Old 02-09-2017, 07:27 PM
Dominant Buck

Very nice looking stock. I just never saw the need for doing that. Not that I have anything against others having it done. If that look is what you want, more power to you. I like wood! But being different is what makes us interesting. I bet that is going to be really sharp. Just be careful where you put it or lean it this winter.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.