Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Thompson Renegade trigger

Old 12-15-2016, 03:11 PM
Typical Buck

the first trigger makes a click lol i allways worry a deer will hear it
Old 12-16-2016, 02:39 PM
Typical Buck

This is how inlines got popular.People want a m/loader but want it like a centerfire.Apparently Traditions knows there is a lot of us purists cause they have introduced some models with the set double trigger option.
Old 12-16-2016, 04:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by GOOD OLE BOY
This is how inlines got popular.People want a m/loader but want it like a centerfire.Apparently Traditions knows there is a lot of us purists cause they have introduced some models with the set double trigger option.
I actually messed up and was thinking about my big boar no set trigger so I had to smooth and lighten it up. I just can't deal with a heavy rough trigger ! But I think all guns should have the triggers worked now a days thanks to the law suits you have to have a good trigger to be as accurate as possible!
Old 01-09-2017, 07:02 PM
Spike

Smile

Thought to give you all an update since I took the Renegade to a gunsmith I trust. He lightened the trigger (~3.5lbs) and installed a swivel stud on the stock. The trigger is much improved and looking forward to shooting it to really test it out. The crazy thing is he did the work for less than $40!
Old 01-09-2017, 09:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not bad...That's around what I charge myself to do one of my triggers Take around $40 out of my wallet, bank it, telling myself this is what I saved by learning how to do stuff on my own, and eventually that little account gets big enough to buy something new to work on thereby putting more in the bank again. And on...And on...And on...Get the point The hard part is keeping the wife and that account separated
Old 01-10-2017, 03:25 PM
Spike

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Not bad...That's around what I charge myself to do one of my triggers Take around $40 out of my wallet, bank it, telling myself this is what I saved by learning how to do stuff on my own, and eventually that little account gets big enough to buy something new to work on thereby putting more in the bank again. And on...And on...And on...Get the point The hard part is keeping the wife and that account separated
No wife on this end anymore but I totally get it. Thought about doing the trigger work myself but lack of knowledge, tools etc and wanting to keep it safe is how I justified paying someone.
Old 01-10-2017, 06:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah trigger jobs can be dangerous but they really aren't that hard to learn. There is usually only so much that can be done anyway. At least SAFELY done! I think there are some instructional vids on youtube that are pretty good. I may look around after while and see if I can find one that isn't fulla horse crap like a lot of those "how to" vids on youtube are. A lot of them should be entitled "How NOT to".