Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Traditional Archery
Professional Bowhunters Society >

Professional Bowhunters Society

Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Professional Bowhunters Society

Old 01-09-2002, 01:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Professional Bowhunters Society

I joined PBS a few years ago, but let it go. I never understood the levels of membership, and nobody ever explained them to me. They WERE pretty regular about sending you tickets to sell..... I'm sure they're OK, but I prefer ATHA and Compton's. Also My State bowhunter association.
Old 01-11-2002, 10:01 PM
Spike

Why does the PBS want to know my bows draw weight on their app? If its legal for what I hunt where I hunt why should they care. Just a question,not a flame.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:07 PM

Tox, I've been a member with Michigan Longbow Assn. for three or more years now and think it is a very well run group. In the spring we have a 3d shoot in Calidonia Mich and the only cost is being a member at 15.00 a year. We have unlimited use of a great 3d range and we shoot an American Round which is 90 arrows at 40,50 and 60 yards. What most people don't like is that we have voted to a man to not allow recurves and aluminum arrows (longbows and wood arrows)at the GLLI. If you are not into longbows this may not be your cup of tea but if you are you will not find a nicer bunch of guys to shoot and camp with. I also belong to Christian Bowhunters of America and am thinking of adding a PBS membership also as the people I have met are not the snobs that people complain about. They have been involved in political issues here and have an excellent magazine I like to read. CBA also has one along with MLA but MLA is strickly longbows and that is all I shoot anymore and just like shooting with other longbowmen. I also should add I am a NRA member also.
Old 01-12-2002, 06:11 PM

LBR, I want to change my name back to Chessbum and get my buck status back can you help me out here???
I am the only Chessbum on these bowhunting sites and this one won't let me log in anymore. HELP