HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Professional Bowhunters Society
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2002, 06:07 PM
JD Vasos

Default RE: Professional Bowhunters Society

Tox, I've been a member with Michigan Longbow Assn. for three or more years now and think it is a very well run group. In the spring we have a 3d shoot in Calidonia Mich and the only cost is being a member at 15.00 a year. We have unlimited use of a great 3d range and we shoot an American Round which is 90 arrows at 40,50 and 60 yards. What most people don't like is that we have voted to a man to not allow recurves and aluminum arrows (longbows and wood arrows)at the GLLI. If you are not into longbows this may not be your cup of tea but if you are you will not find a nicer bunch of guys to shoot and camp with. I also belong to Christian Bowhunters of America and am thinking of adding a PBS membership also as the people I have met are not the snobs that people complain about. They have been involved in political issues here and have an excellent magazine I like to read. CBA also has one along with MLA but MLA is strickly longbows and that is all I shoot anymore and just like shooting with other longbowmen. I also should add I am a NRA member also.