Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

Hoyt Gamemaster

Old 02-15-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Hoyt Gamemaster

Has anyone shot one of these or know how much they go for? Yes it is a recurve T/D at 62"
Old 02-15-2005, 08:54 PM

Default RE: Hoyt Gamemaster

I've shot more recurves/longbows than most ........... and I absolutely LOVE mine. I wouldn't trade it for any other bow right now. I love everything about it.

Now if I could find some 55# limbs I'd be tickled ! I have 50# limbs and bought a set of 60# limbs and they're just too heavy for me.
Old 02-15-2005, 10:38 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

I've shot more recurves/longbows than most
Lol--you've owned more, but it's not likely you've shot more--at least not more than those of us that have been at it for at least a few years and/or go to the bigger tournaments. Even with a dozen or so year's experience, and having owned between 50 and 100 bows (never kept up--had over 30 personal bows at one time), I can't get the true feel of a bow after only a few hundred shots. With some I can tell if I really don't like it after just a few, but it takes a while to really get to know a bow, find out what string/arrow/point weight/brace height/silencer placement/etc. it likes best.

You coming to any shoots this year? I can get you some dates if you want--I plan on being at the GA state championship in March, Kentucky Klassic in April, Twin Oaks in May, Cloverdale in June, not sure about July yet, and the AL state championship in August. Figure I'll squeeze in a few others along the way, haven't decided yet.

Back to the question though, I haven't shot one. I seldom ever shoot a recurve anymore, except when bowfishing. I don't even check them out at the shoots much anymore--I'm stuck on longbows. I've heard several positive remarks about them, but nobody can tell you what bow is going to work best for you. You will have to try it out for yourself and see.

Chad
Old 02-16-2005, 04:18 AM
Typical Buck

Nice bows for those w/average to short draw lengths, knuckledraggers need not apply tho. They start stacking somewhere around 28 1/2 - 29" & don't like my 31" draw at ALL. Hoyt missed the boat when they didn't make em w/intnl limb fittings IMO.
Old 02-16-2005, 08:23 AM

Chad - PM me some dates, gosh I'd still love to come and shoot and make a weekend of it.

My Gamemaster is the bomb for me. I hurt my shoulder a few weeks back and can't shoot much right now but its by far the best shooting bow in my hands yet. I unstrung my Adcock and put it on a deer rack and there she sits collecting dust while I shoot my metal riser, ugly limbed Gamemaster