Community
Traditional Archery Talk Trad-bows here!

New to this

Old 12-23-2004, 01:14 AM

Default New to this

Hey all...i'm sure u've read a couple of my ?'s before....so here's another...I have really been contemplating shooting recurve/traditional/instinctive for the past 6-8 months...reading up on it and what not...insurance payments and cell phone bills have kept my bow options to a minimum...I am currently looking at the cabelas catalog and they have a bow that is set up for bowfishing called the Kingfisher...it comes in a 40,45 n 50 lb draw weights...do you think it would be ok to use that on game if I got the 50 lb model?? thanks guys n gals....Jim
Old 12-24-2004, 07:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: New to this

I'm not sure, but I believe that bow has solid fiberglass limbs. If so, it will shoot a fairly sluggish arrow, good enough for bowfishing, but probably disappointing for anything else. My opinion is you'd be far better off to find an old recurve on Ebay or some such for about the same money.
Old 12-24-2004, 10:12 AM
Typical Buck

Take a look at these http://ns1.bowsite.org/acb/showdetl....ID=618&CATID=6
Old 12-24-2004, 06:21 PM

Thanks arthur n rich...I appreciate the info and the feedback...I'll definitely check into that hunter takedown...Merry xmas!
Old 12-25-2004, 09:41 PM
LBR
Boone & Crockett

That bow might do the trick, but 50# is a lot for most folks to start out with. I'd start light, then work up to heavier weights when you get your form and accuracy established.

Chad